pod's story - (Hello Everyone)

pod

Reaction score
Hi! I have stumbled upon this website, and have now offically joined. After reading these posts for almost 3 months, I would like to share my story and give some optimism to some younger people and hopefully prevent some of the mental trauma that male pattern baldness can bring on.

First off, who I am. I am a 38 y/o guy who is about 60% bald. I keep my hair on a #1 clip. It will still blind you if you look at it the wrong way.

I started losing when I was 22. Before that you needed 3 hands to run a comb through my hair. Throughout college, and eventually Med School I started slowly turning into "Frasier" - as my roomates would call me.

This whole process caused SIGNIFICANT trauma to my psyche, and I would be lying to say I did not care. Fortunately mother nature and the God blessed me with good looks, enough serotonin in my brain and a decent build. This, has allowed me to have many women, ALL beautiful, and a good group of buds. I played guitar for many bands, and even played the Hard Rock Cafe twice. I am happy to say that I dated a model for 4 years - now seen in many Hollywood movies (playing extras) - and many women who could have easily been models. I got married at 30 to the most beautiful woman I know and my soulmate, and we now have a 2 year-old "little me." I have a very succesful medical practice, drive a Ferrari, and live in a nice home - and have hit the $1M Net Worth mark at 38. All this with almost complete male pattern baldness.

Yes, people still "stare" at my forehead and make funny remarks, but It really does not matter. It DID matter when I was 22 and at a Fraternity party (everyone knows what goes through our minds) - but I just smiled and went on.

A great personality and ambition will get you to where you need to go in life. I like to think that the balding fiasco I went through kept me away from some women to prevent STD's, AIDS, and Drugs - I feel that if I would have been a "player" I would not be where I am today.

I finally took Propecia when I was in my 20's. Being a medical student, I researched the preliminary findings they had with Proscar - and got samples and split the pills up to get proper dosage. MOST of my hair came BACK, AND I stopped losing. I had to stop everything when my wife and I started for kids - as everyone knows birth defects can happen.

So, here I am. Frasier. Looking back on it all, and hopefully giving some optimism to some guys in their 20's who are going through what I went through.

You'll get your beautiful women, nice cars, and good careers. Life is not all about hair. :hairy:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can I take PROPECIA if my wife and I are starting a family?
Contact with the semen from a man being treated with PROPECIA is not a risk to the unborn child of a pregnant woman.

Yes, you can take PROPECIA if you and your wife are trying to conceive or if your wife is currently pregnant. However, women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not use PROPECIA and should not handle crushed or broken tablets of PROPECIA because doing so may cause abnormalities of a male baby’s sex organs.

PROPECIA is for MEN ONLY.

PROPECIA tablets are coated and will prevent contact with the active ingredient during normal handling, provided that the tablets have not been broken or crushed.

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... .jsp#faq12

P.S. If you ask me a Ferrarri is a rather expensive car for a family man who only became a millionaire this year.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
pod,
for a Dr. your'e pretty dim. You prove that intelligence and common sense are exclusive from eachother.

I had to stop everything when my wife and I started for kids - as everyone knows birth defects can happen.

This is a direct contradiction to what the FDA trials say is not true at all. The propecia will not cause any birth defects. Why should any of use believe a beautiful Ferrari driving doctor? Oh no the government is lying and deforemed babies will pop out if your daddy uses propecia while conceiving!!

Fortunately mother nature and the God blessed me with good looks, enough serotonin in my brain and a decent build

Many men might not have this criteria, and therefore will have a completely different take on their psyche. This information you post only help men with the same profile as you. Thanks very much. You sound like a punk.

pod

Reaction score
Comment

Responding to the above...
1. To Be a Ferarri Owner does not necessarily mean you are a millionare, refer to FerrariChat and read.
2. Birth defects CAN happen, that is YOUR risk. Go ahead and ask your PCP to write you an RX for finasteride and tell him/her that you are actively trying for kids. See what happens.
3. My initial post is like a Virtual Handshake. The previous poster gave me a Virtual Punch in the Nose. Nice place!

Montana

Reaction score
My opinion

I don't like your post pod. I don't respect people who talks about how much success they have and how good looking and smart they are. But that's only my opinion. Maybe some people feels motivated after reading your post, but I almost threw up :x

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I would much rather help someone than rip on somebody....but for some reason, your post just begs to be ripped.

I have a very succesful medical practice, drive a Ferrari, and live in a nice home - and have hit the $1M Net Worth mark at 38
That is from your 1st post
To Be a Ferarri Owner does not necessarily mean you are a millionare, refer to FerrariChat and read.
Your response to my post....So what gives homeboy??

Seriously, Doctors are great, world needs more of them, as opposed to lawyers (sorry any lawyers out there) and such. But G-d damn, Doctors are so f*****g arrogant.

maybe I was to harsh, but I think your post deserves to be ridiculed.....You let us know how blessed you are with money, career, woman, build, etc. You use the more common scare tactic of propecia can't be used while conceiving. That really pissed me off to write my response.

pod

Reaction score
Regards

Well - nice talking to you people. I'll find better things to do with my time on the Net. Good luck to all...

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I frankly dont mind anything pod posted on the site....I rather would thank the guy..

Thats one mans view...He is just trying to help us...he is not making fun of us..he is not making postings like...."See I am a baldy and i have everything and you guys have nuthin..." He is just making a post saying that even though you are balding its not the end of the world..

I am with you pod...THANK YOU