Please Recommend A Regimen And Product

79BirdofPrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I tried Finasteride for a year and didn't really see any benefit (stopped). I started taking Prostate Health pills containing Pumpkin Seed Oil and I noticed a similar feeling from taking finasteride, slightly reduced libido, and a reduction in shedding while taking Pumpkin Seed Oil.

Can anyone advise on a good regimen? Ideally I would like to apply minoxidil at night before bed. It is possible to do in the shower, or that's not how it works? I was thinking shampoo > minoxidil > conditioner.

Your advice on a regimen and a good product would be great. Thank you!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I tried Finasteride for a year and didn't really see any benefit (stopped). I started taking Prostate Health pills containing Pumpkin Seed Oil and I noticed a similar feeling from taking finasteride, slightly reduced libido, and a reduction in shedding while taking Pumpkin Seed Oil.

Can anyone advise on a good regimen? Ideally I would like to apply minoxidil at night before bed. It is possible to do in the shower, or that's not how it works? I was thinking shampoo > minoxidil > conditioner.

Your advice on a regimen and a good product would be great. Thank you!

You should allow minoxidil to penetrate your skin for four hours before washing your hair. Won't work in the shower.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much Finasteride were you taking daily? If that failed to reduce DHT conversion, it is questionable whether anything more natural will make an impact. As for myself, I had been on Minoxidil and taking zinc/saw palmetto for years with no noticeable change; once I added Finasteride the benefits became a little visible in 4-6 months.
I would say get onto 5% Minoxidil once daily with clean scalp and continue with any natural supplements if they're affordable...and/or consider getting back on Finasteride if there weren't any intolerable side effects.

79BirdofPrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should allow minoxidil to penetrate your skin for four hours before washing your hair. Won't work in the shower.

Oh wow, that changes things. So what about:

Night time:
Shampoo & condition
Allow hair and scalp to dry
minoxidil right before bed

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow, that changes things. So what about:

Night time:
Shampoo & condition
Allow hair and scalp to dry
minoxidil right before bed
That's better. However, if you go to bed immediately after minoxidil, you will dirty the pillow... And minoxidil might reach your face.