please help someone

Legendary

Reaction score
hello, I started propecia 4 months ago and in 2 months my hair started to diffuse so badly that i had to quit it, thinking that the shedding wqould stop. well here it is 2 months later and my hair is still shedding a ridiculous amount and my eyebrows r still shedding(indicating that propecia is still in system). Does anyone truly know how long this will last and if the lost hair will regrow anytime soon. Shouldnt propecia have left my system already. Im not ready to go bald this fast, im only a freshman. I feel so depressed.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
your hair was shedding really fast because propecia was starting to work.

it's normal to go through an awful shed. propecia is shedding all the 'sick' hairs so all your new hair will be "re-set" to grow in at the same time.

propecia will not shed your eyebrows.

what you did was the wrong thing, because it was working. you should have stayed on the medication.

get back on it now before it's too late. gonna get much worse, but then it gets much better.

time, that's all.

Legendary

Reaction score
I dont know man, the moderator at hairlosshelp.com says its proven that his eyebrows shed because of propecia, and others have reported this same thing also. I just want to know if this shed will ever end, I dont wanna get back on propecia. its not normal to lose hair so fast in so little time.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the good thing you didnt get other side effects like other users in this board , propecia is dangerous thats why i dont take it because im so young :roll:

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think 'pecia did squat for my frontal hair, but maintained the back. I was on it aalone for 3+ years and the front got worse faster than ever during this time.

Legendary, whatever you decide about 'pecia, I'd suggest you give minoxidil a try. Just once a day if twice is too much hassle. My hair has gotten WAY better in the last 14 months on minoxidil. You can get it cheap from ebay btw.

Hope things improve for you. I felt quite doomed myself before minoxidil turned things around. And I've been losing since 18 or so. Now 31 with good hair for my age.