Please Help Me With Advice On Transplantation

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Since I've "discovered" my hair loss over the last few years, my life has been consumed with it. I need to move forward. Please be kind in your comments as all of this is extremely difficult for me. Do you think that transplantation could help me? What pattern do you see emerging in these pics? I am 38. I have diffuse thinning all over the top. I have a maternal and paternal uncle who were Norwood 5 or 6.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your photos are hard to tell but it appears you are O.K. for now. If you are on finasteride i would wait before getting any procedure done.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 50459 View attachment 50460 View attachment 50461 View attachment 50462 Since I've "discovered" my hair loss over the last few years, my life has been consumed with it. I need to move forward. Please be kind in your comments as all of this is extremely difficult for me. Do you think that transplantation could help me? What pattern do you see emerging in these pics? I am 38. I have diffuse thinning all over the top. I have a maternal and paternal uncle who were Norwood 5 or 6.

Transplants are generally a waste of money for low level diffusers like yourself. You need to try 1 mg finasteride per day and nizoral 2% twice a week before you should worry too much about it.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I take propecia, have since Aug 2016. I use Nizoral 2% also. Can't do minoxidil - it just makes me itch like mad and is too much to keep up with.

@shookwun @Swoop do you have opinions on a transplant for me and what Norwood pattern is emerging?

Do diffuse thinners inevitably reach slick baldness? Or might I stay "low-level" diffused into my 60s say? It's hard to say but I do feel like (Costco) finasteride has helped my crown, but the recession and temples still seem minaturized maybe even worsening. Like all of us, I'm just so worn out of dealing with this.