please help me out-advice etc.

ireclipse

Reaction score
Hey. So I am 19 and noticed that my hair was getting thin on the crown of my head about a year or so ago. I still have hair their now, but its getting definitly thin.

Whenever I shower I normally see like 25 or so hairs that fall out when I shampoo, some of the hair is long, and some is very very short like a half an inch long. Sometimes I can pull hair out too. Its only been getting thin on the crown, and a tiny bit around it on the sides, but that is much, much less noticiable than the crown. I dont seem to be losing any hair in the front or very back either.

i wear a hat about 6 hours aday because we are required to wear a hat or hairnet at the place where i work.

I know my grandpa on I think both sides of the family had male pattern baldness later on, but im sure they never got it this early in life so im really hoping thats not it. Also, my dad although his hair is thinner than it used to be, its still pretty thick and he is 50 years old.

got 2 small pics of last december, they are very small and dont get larger but w/e. http://www.nineveh.4t.com/bandpics.html

I getting a physical monday so if he has anythign to say ill post it incase anyone else has had a situation like mine.

Any advice or thoughts would be great!

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Daily hair loss is not a good indicator of hair loss !

I find almost no hairs in the shower/sink, yet this has not stopped me slowly go bald.

When you father, grandfather or brother went bald will not influence (to any great degree) when, if, you go bald.

Indeed your father may have a full head of hair at 95 and you may still recede or lose your hair at 35.

Most people when first confronted with male pattern baldness have at least some level of denial, mine came in the form of realising that I was thinning but just thinking it would go away, I ignored it for far too long.

If you think your hair is thinning and you have no underlying medical issues then it is not unreasonable to suspect that you have indeed got AIDS.

...sorry I mean male pattern baldness.

Best of Luck.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Well from what you've posted, it seems like you MAY have male pattern baldness.
When getting your physical, mention it to your doctor and if he thinks you have male pattern baldness ask him if he thinks you would be a good candidate for propecia.
Maybe taking 1/2 a tablet a day, or even just monitoring it for a few more months - he would be able to give you the best advice.

Being still young, it could just be your hairline maturing, or maybe you getting paranoid.

Cheers

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellohello said:
Well from what you've posted, it seems like you MAY have male pattern baldness.
When getting your physical, mention it to your doctor and if he thinks you have male pattern baldness ask him if he thinks you would be a good candidate for propecia.
Maybe taking 1/2 a tablet a day, or even just monitoring it for a few more months - he would be able to give you the best advice.

Being still young, it could just be your hairline maturing, or maybe you getting paranoid.

Cheers

A 'mature' hairline almost exclusively at the hairline, it rarely manifests itself at the 'crown'

ireclipse

Reaction score
did physical

my doctor could not give me an answer as to my hair loss, he also tried to pull some out on the thinpart on the crown but he couldent pull any out. ive tried too and its really hard to pull any of the thinner hair out, but if i run my hand through my hair sometimes some fall out from somewhere.
Im due for a blood test in a week or so
anythoughts?