Pityrosporum Folliculitis: Itchy, causes acne, etc

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hello all,

Little reasoning behind this post and in the forum section I choose. 1) I want the educated experiments to read and reply with my theory 2) the following...

A little history, I stopped using Nizoral in early January. I began using a shampoo with an array of organic components which have claims of slowing hairloss. I saw pictures, seen the ingredients and furthermore I wanted to see if it works for myself. At the same time, I chose to start using their face wash and other skin care products. The products were great, my skin was AMAZING and I was really happy with these new products I began using. However, early April I began noticing small, white clusters on the sides of my forehead, by my eyes. I assumed they were acne, and continued on with my life. However, these white, zit-like clogged pores began spreading to across my forehead by May, and now I have full blown early puberty style acne all across my forehead with hard white bumps everywhere . NEVER before have I had acne so sevre, not even in highschool My family began asking what the deal was, nothing has changed besides a little bit of stress.

So tonight I was browsing acne.org looking for some answers, why at 23 am i breaking out so severally with acne worse than ever? I came across a new natural growing skin yest the thrives off the natural producing oils of our body. This yeast fights with other natural growing bacteria on our face for oil, skin etc. They literally feed on our skin. Pityrosporum Folliculitis is a situation where this yeast overpowers the bacteria (not really known why, but it's assumed fatigue and stress cause your bodies natural balancing of these 2 different fungi and bacteria )

So what happens is, this yeast fungi begins filling into your pores and feasting on the oils produced there. Eventually clogging the pore and causing acne. This type of acne develops in clusters, with white acne like appearance and is very hard to cure using traditional methods.

Common symptoms include:
Itchy skin (or scalp)
Redness or bumps
Clogged pores
Oily skin

NOW WHAT I FOUND MOST INTERESTING:

Nizoral was found to be a common treatment of this....

SO, i'm assuming since I was using nizoral regularly for quiet some time that my body became accustom to Nizorals yeast fighting properties, or since I stopped using nizoral the fungi got out of control...

However, the real question is, does this same yeast clog pores on our scalp and help cause hairloss? They seem to like to feed inside the pore itself, near where the follical grows. If this fungi is out of control, and did not have enough oil to feed on, could it perhaps be feed on our follical causing it to itch, and turn red? ( a common symptom for both victims of Pityrosporum Folliculitis and male pattern baldness)