PICTURES of discoloration from grafts.....

michael barry

Reaction score
http://www.4hair.com.au/uploads/Julian_before_800.JPG

From these pics, some of you can see the difficulty of buzzing short after heavy hairline work if your skin is tanned or dark. Under any cut, the fibrosis process damages melanacytes in the skin. The skin that wont repigment results in a scar.

So, if youre planning on a hair transplant, plan on wearing your hair an inch or two in legth. No bic or buzzin' your top afterwards. That is something to consider before taking that step.

There are many other pics of this little phenomena on the internet, but very few can be linked. Docs, understadably, dont want to link pics that give anyone pause about this procedure, so to investigate it thourougly one has to go to the "repair" sections of many websites and check this out. The best pics of the "white scalp" phenomena Ive seen are in the repair section of Hairtransplantnetwork.com. You see some dense packed hairlines that are very good work. However, underneath them, you note on the close-up pics that the scalp color is quite different than the forehead color.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would this happen when HM comes out aswell?

And if this guy got a transplant, why the hell is he still bald?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"So, if youre planning on a hair transplant, plan on wearing your hair an inch or two in legth. No bic or buzzin' your top afterwards."

You are such a fear-mongerer. I cannot believe that you can, in good conscious, word your post in a manner that would make people believe that this happens with all hair transplant surgery. I have buzzed my head to a #2 no less than 3 times since my first procedure and I have NO discoloration whatsoever.

Keep up the awareness, but make sure you also add in that modern techniques utilized by a GOOD physician will not equate that kind of result.

Funny how you forgot to mention that... :roll:

michael barry

Reaction score
Stax,

Justin's transplants failed. Once in a while, that happens. Doctor put em' at the wrong depth or perhaps he was active too soon after surgery, put something on his head too soon afterwards or whatever. It doesn't happen much, but it happens.

Heliboy is someone that this happened to several times. He had several strip surgeries (probably performed by an incompetent Doctor) that didn't take. Thats why he resorted to body hair.

Not me, just a bitchin' as usual. Any time skin is cut, the skin will "scar" in the healing process. The skin's melanocytes are prohibited from working in "some way". Anybody that gets shot with a shotgun has numerous "white dots" where they were hit. Anyone who has had a stab wound (know anybody who works at a hospital?), has white scar tissue where the blade entered them.

Over time (years) and with ointments like emu oil and peptides, the coloration may get "better", but that is in no way any kind of promise.

As always.............Im about people knowing as much as possible before doing ANYTHING surgical. A bad topical just gets a young fella out of 40 bucks, getting surgery he really isn't a candidate for or bad surgery fucks up so much more for LIFE.

Stax,
On HM.......these will probably be needle-injected with some extrodinarily fine needles. Extremely small guage. They will not need to be large enough to leave room for a sebaceous gland and an arrector pilli muscle to be jammed in their wake or an entire follicular unit with 3-4 hairs. Smaller than that. If the white dots are small enough......................it will be very hard to see them even if up close. One article I read on Webmd mentioned that ARI was even working with a gel vehicle to mix stem cells in to be rubbed into the scalp and the get would transdermally deliver them to the follicle depth. No scars at all. I dont think that will be in the first or even second generation of HM protocol however, but it may be availed to populace someday. Stax, with the preventive measures your takin' (RU and peptides.), I dont think youre going to see any recession anytime soon anyway. Im hoping for folks like you that HM will prove to "impregnate" existing dermal papillas with "donor hair" genetics, but this is merely a speculative hope of some researchers. We will know tons more five years hence.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That guy appears quite old and in addition seems to have considerable sun damage to the scalp skin and appearance of widespread solar keratoses.

This has reddened and darkened his skin hence making the transplant sites more visible.

Of course this wouldn't be the case with a younger patient. In addition a younger patients skin should heal quicker with les scarring due to higher elasticity of the skin and better healing ability etc.