[Pictures Inside]Need recommendations, over a year progress

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 23 now and at 19 i noticed i was really starting to thin and lose my hair. About 2 years ago maybe a little longer i started on minoxidil but could never consitantly use it with my schedule an me being lazy. Well for the last year maybe a little longer i have been on finasteride, minoxidil 5% 1 - 2x daily, and nizoral 1%.

The thing with the minoxidil is i just put it usually once in the morningand once at night but i think i am putting too much on with the spray because my scalp gets really irritated. By using to much minoxidil at a time am i doing damage. Also over the last month i have made sure to use twice a day and dont notice any difference over once and i am wondering if maybe i should just use the minoxidil in the morning, and maybe get some folligen to use at night? On some days i would still be able to get the minoxidil in twice if i put more on after work.

Here are the pictures.

hair4.jpg

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

hair3.jpg

edited....more specific regime

oni

Reaction score
What version of minoxidil are you on ? and why have you not added finasteride to your regime? Try using some shampoo with Salicylic Acid in it twice a week (T/Sal or some versions of T/Gel) on the days you don't use the Nizoral.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Well for the last year maybe a little longer i have been on finasteride, minoxidil 1 - 2x daily, and nizoral a couple times a week.

Its good to see you are using these two products. Now as oni said add the nizoral and be strict with your application of minoxidil and things should improve.
Goodluck

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
What version of minoxidil are you on ? and why have you not added finasteride to your regime? Try using some shampoo with Salicylic Acid in it twice a week (T/Sal or some versions of T/Gel) on the days you don't use the Nizoral.
i am on finasteride. I have t/ gel but it really seems to dry my scalp out. I am using minoxidil 5%.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
should i stick with minoxidil twice a day even though it really irritates my scalp on the second application, or should i just go to once a day?

THFC

Reaction score
if you get xandrox 15% you can use it jst once a day, stick it on at night, and it'l only iritate your skin whilst your asleep, then u can wake up n wash ur hair, yaaaaaay!

oni

Reaction score
oooops missed that bit about you being on finasteride (bad food poisoning you see)

What brand of minoxidil are you on? you could have an allergic reaction to propylene glycol not minoxidil. :)

And the T/Gel is it the version with Salicylic Acid in it? or the version with Coal Tar?

You could try using folligen but you did say that you are lazy and it's just another thing that you have to do, that you might not have to!

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
oooops missed that bit about you being on finasteride (bad food poisoning you see)

What brand of minoxidil are you on? you could have an allergic reaction to propylene glycol not minoxidil. :)

And the T/Gel is it the version with Salicylic Acid in it? or the version with Coal Tar?

You could try using folligen but you did say that you are lazy and it's just another thing that you have to do, that you might not have to!
I'm just on a generic minoxidil from sams club. The t/gel is the one with salicyic acid.

If i was going to go on folligen i would substitute that instead of a second application of minoxidil. Then if i missed the folligen i dont think it would be as big of a deal. Their is usually two days a week i can put in a night application.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
is folligen something i could try for a few months and then get off it if i dont like it with no ill effects?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think i should maybe try some sprio, my hair line is getting very thin and maybe it would be good to use on my hairline before i apply minoxidil. Otherwise how effective would the 2% liquid be if i used it in the back also?