Pfizer leaning toward abandoning deal with Allergan

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I doubt it'll have much impact on whatever might come out of Allergan as a treatment for hairloss; after all, the newly merged company was supposed to become the biggest pharma player ever, dwarfing even Novartis, so I'm sure both companies have enough money to bring just about any new drug to the market.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
well it's both bad for us in my opinion. Pfizer with allergan or Allergan alone won't do much in case of treating hair loss, but it's more likely that pfizer+allergan would shut off the R&D for hair loss treatments or wont invest in it. This "merging-trend" is just giving good profits to those companies but is really s*** for the research of new drugs. Pharma companies nowadays merge, then shut down R&D or lower its investment drastically, raise prices of good-selling drugs and then earn a lot of moneys to draw more investors. I don't think these big companies will put a lot of money into hair loss research, since there would be more attractive drugs (heart issues,cancer etc) that will get them much more.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Once more we see that the dead will bury the dead.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I guess the moral of the story is keep taking your finasteride or get the nerves up to start taking finasteride because it could be a long road still before anything better shows up. The optimism kind of dies out the more new things turn out to be duds.