Personal Microneedling Progress /w Monthly Updates

INT

Reaction score
@INT
Look what you quoted of my post.

I bolded the part where you claimed that rosemary oil and nicroneedling would be more effective than minoxidil 5%, which is not true. That comparrison has nothing to do with that small study that compared rosemary oil vs 2% minoxidil.

jandrsn27

Reaction score
Still here :) I spent over 350$ for my derminator and microscope/camera not wasting a dime of that money. Waiting for the full 6 month results and will post them here for sure. Plus I freaking tattooed my own scalp!! I'm committed! lol

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@INT So thats my thought process:
rosemary oil was significantly more effective than 2% minoxidil (3-4x as effective).
In a study comparing microneedling + 5% minoxidil vs just 5% minoxidil, the microneedling group was significantly more effective than the minoxidil group (mean hair count was 4x greater in the microneedling group).

If rosemary oil promotes hair growth much better than 2% minoxidil does, and microneedling improves the hair growth by a superior amount, then i dont think im too far off when i say this combination is more effective than 5% minoxidil. In fact, im confident thats precisely the case.
Now add on that, 5% minoxidil is only around 40% stronger than 2% minoxidil.

@jandrsn27
Are you dermastamping all over your scalp, or just the tattoted area?

@Badbald
Its a hussle to put the creme on your scalp, if you have long hair.
Back when i successfully treated my steroid-induced acne with keto shampoo, i just wetted my skin, and rubbed in the shampoo for 2 minutes before washing it off. That seems far easier in my opinion.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
rosemary oil was significantly more effective than 2% minoxidil (3-4x as effective).
In a study comparing microneedling + 5% minoxidil vs just 5% minoxidil, the microneedling group was significantly more effective than the minoxidil group (mean hair count was 4x greater in the microneedling group).

If rosemary oil promotes hair growth much better than 2% minoxidil does, and microneedling improves the hair growth by a superior amount, then i dont think im too far off when i say this combination is more effective than 5% minoxidil. In fact, im confident thats precisely the case.
/QUOTE]

That is a very huge leap. Nothing more but an assumption.

First of all, in my almost decade on here I have NEVER seen anyone get significant results with rosemary oil backed up with pictures. Sure, that study did show it but over the year we have had so many tiny studies that showed results, people start trying it and somehow no one gets results. Small studies that never got replicated are not very high on the pyramid of evidence.

Also just because microneelding improves the efficacy of minoxidil does not mean it has the same effect for rosemary oil. Both have a different method of action. The method of actions of minoxidil and dermarolling obviously supplement each other, but there is no evidence at all to think that this will be the same for rosemary oil and dermarolling.

Bushi

Reaction score

@jandrsn27
Are you dermastamping all over your scalp, or just the tattoted area?

@Badbald
Its a hussle to put the creme on your scalp, if you have long hair.
Back when i successfully treated my steroid-induced acne with keto shampoo, i just wetted my skin, and rubbed in the shampoo for 2 minutes before washing it off. That seems far easier in my opinion.

What rosemary oil do you use?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@INT yeah thats fair enough. Rosemary oil is very weak and cant fight off androgenic alopecia on its own. Its like pouring a glass of water over a forest fire. Personally, i think the only standalone-treatment that has any effect on its own is dutasteride, and maybe finasteride for some people. But even with powerful drugs like that, you need to do more things for your hairloss. If it does work for a person, its gonna take a long *** time to show any significant improvement (just like in the study). But as i said, rosemary oil (or any oil really) isnt gonna do sh*t for hairloss on its own.
If adding rosemary oil even adds 5% increase in improvement in my protocol, im going to use it. Because 5% means alot when it comes to hair, and because its just so extremely easy to use.

"Also just because microneelding improves the efficacy of minoxidil does not mean it has the same effect for rosemary oil."
Both are supposed to be vasodilators. Either way, derma stamping is extremely helpful for hairloss and regrowth. People should do it regardless of rosemary or minoxidil. Its a once a week treatment and takes 5 minutes, but theres nothing comparable.

@Bushi Naissance Rosemary Oil (Nr. 108) is by far the cheapest, best smelling rosemary oil i used (out of several).
It also gets absorbed by the skin much faster than other oils i tried.
https://www.amazon.de/Naissance-Ros...rosemary+oil&qid=1557939755&s=gateway&sr=8-19

This is the oil from my countries amazon. Maybe its available in your countries amazon too.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still here :) I spent over 350$ for my derminator and microscope/camera not wasting a dime of that money. Waiting for the full 6 month results and will post them here for sure. Plus I freaking tattooed my own scalp!! I'm committed! lol

He is committed