Pattern Hair Loss Or Telogen Effluvium?

Termigez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all. Sorry for my english I am not native.

Basically my question is: Is it possible in theory that while suffering from pattern hair loss, there are periods when I lose hair and periods when everything is fine? For example I lose hair for 2 months, then it stopps and I don't lose hair for 2 months? Or it is not very possible and while suffering from pattern hair loss I should lose my hair constantly without any treatment?

I am asking because 2 years ago during summer I was exercising a lot, had a really strict diet, and as a result I started to lose hair a lot. My dermo said it was pattern hair loss, suggested minoxidil 5% etc. I was using minoxidil for like a month, but my scalp became very itchy and "red" so I stopped and just cut all my hair with an intention to be bald forever. But after a month I realized that I don't lose hair anymore and I decided to regrow them back to like 2,5 cm and it was fine, no hair loss. Then one day I woke up with a strange feeling in my stomach and from that day I suffer from acid reflux. It was hard at the beginning, I wasn't able to eat many products, and as a result after a month I started to lose hair again but this time together with my eyebrows. So basically:

07.16-10.16 hair loss because of trainings, bad diet
11.16-12.16 went bald, hair loss stopped
12.16-01.17 very bad diet due to reflux
01.17-02.17 hair loss with eyebrow loss
and to extend it:
03-06.17 everything was fine, no hair loss
summer 17' hair loss

and so on, I have like 2 months periods when there is a hair loss, then most of the time as a result I cut my hair, live with a very short hair for a month or so which stopps my hair loss so I am able to regrow my hair to like 2,5 cm and then it start again with a hair loss.

And I really don't know where to go from this point. I have made dozens of blood tests, hormones tests and everything is fine. Visited many doctors, noone was able to help me. Tried many shampoos etc. with no effect. I suspect this can be telogen effluvium but if the reason of it is my reflux I really can't do much about it. I don't really think I suffer from pattern hair loss because of these periods when everything is fine but maybe I am wrong.