Overreacting

bluered999

Reaction score
little rant:

Think most of the people on this forum are so over dramatic, hair loss is so freaking common, over 50% of ppl get hairloss, where I live its super common. I never thought less of bald men before or really payed much attention to peoples hair. You notice the eyes more then the hair.

male pattern baldness this seems like such a small thing compared to real problems. People are out there with no food, serious health problems, and people on forums like this worrying about hair loss. Why would you guys want to be with someone who cares about your hair so much anyways, makes no sense, not worth your time. Everyone's looks fade eventually.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
little rant:

Think most of the people on this forum are so over dramatic, hair loss is so freaking common, over 50% of ppl get hairloss, where I live its super common. I never thought less of bald men before or really payed much attention to peoples hair. You notice the eyes more then the hair.

male pattern baldness this seems like such a small thing compared to real problems. People are out there with no food, serious health problems, and people on forums like this worrying about hair loss. Why would you guys want to be with someone who cares about your hair so much anyways, makes no sense, not worth your time. Everyone's looks fade eventually.

I don't even know where to begin, there is so much wrong with this post, so I'll try to keep it sweet and short:

1. Hair loss might be common overall, but how many YOUNG people do you see that are severely bald? Not that many, huh? You say 50% of people get hair loss, but most of these are older, and many only have receding hairlines etc. Here on this forum we have people who went bald in their teens, or young women like myself.

2. You don't notice hair more than eyes. Hair is 50% of someone's attractiveness in my opinion. A balding head ruins all your other features.

3. MBP/FPB IS A REAL PROBLEM. Try saying that it's not a real problem to someone like Fred, who spent 5 months in a psychiatric institution over his hair loss. Try saying that to me, who also spent time in psychiatry, had to quit my education, lost my job, friends and boyfriend - all because of hair loss. Or try telling that to the other young men here who had their lives ruined by hairloss.

4. Everyone's looks fade, but how would it make you feel to look 15 years older in your early 20's? I'll take a wild guess though - you're probably a NW2 who knows nothing about true baldness. If you went truly bald in your early 20's you'd sing a different tune. I'll wait for Fred to further explain this.

/rant.

bluered999

Reaction score
Ya I guess everyone has their own outlook and perspective on stuff like this. This is just the way I see it. In my case though I know so many people in their 20s with severe hairloss and it doesn't even bother them, they couldn't give two fucks about it. Unless they are masking their insecurities, it seems like most of the population just gets on with hairloss with no problems. How many people in the world are struggling just to survive while we worry about trivial things like this.

A lot of people with full heads of hair still shave their hair down to nothing.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
little rant:

Be careful of telling others that their problems or issues are not significant. You are not in their shoes. You may not realize how much something, that you see as a small problem is hurting them.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
little rant:
... People are out there with no food, serious health problems...

Did you open the same post in the 9090909090 forums of the world which do not discuss world hunger or AIDS? Discussions get very heated also there. You wouldn't want to read the posts of the MotoGP forums after last year's Lorenzo's win.
Why did you target us?

bluered999

Reaction score
Did you open the same post in the 9090909090 forums of the world which do not discuss world hunger or AIDS? Discussions get very heated also there. You wouldn't want to read the posts of the MotoGP forums after last year's Lorenzo's win.
Why did you target us?

I dont understand what you mean by target, like its an attack for something. I'm just trying to make us feel better, by realizing our lives could be a lot worse and we should be thankful for what we have.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Why did you target us?
Haha..,Yeah take the Gent's (Roberto) advice and go throw your sunshine on some other poor forum's pity party.
HairLossTalk.com prefers it's vainglorious misery just the way it is. ;)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Haha..,Yeah take the Gent's (Roberto) advice and go throw your sunshine on some other poor forum's pity party.
HairLossTalk.com prefers it's vainglorious misery just the way it is. ;)

BlueR. FWIW I'm sure you mean well all the same. but striking up a hymn in the vain of Kum Ba Ya doesn't play so well in the thick of an Androgenetic Alopecia combat zone.:)
Friendly fire is a real b**ch around here.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Ya I guess everyone has their own outlook and perspective on stuff like this. This is just the way I see it. In my case though I know so many people in their 20s with severe hairloss and it doesn't even bother them, they couldn't give two fucks about it. Unless they are masking their insecurities, it seems like most of the population just gets on with hairloss with no problems. How many people in the world are struggling just to survive while we worry about trivial things like this.

A lot of people with full heads of hair still shave their hair down to nothing.

You still didn't say what Norwood you're at. So what is it?

blackg

Reaction score
Yep... Come on, sunshine boy. What degree of hair loss sits on top of skull?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still didn't say what Norwood you're at. So what is it?
Yet we cannot say this user is not coherent.
- first he opened a first thread called "death is comforting" ("in my opinion its kind of a relief, im not suicidal or anything, but some us just really got screwed in the hands we were dealt, at least it wont last forever.")
- then be opened a thread supporting circumcision as a worse experience than baldness.
So basically everything is fine: death, baldness, whatever.
As long as they don't touch your ding dong

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's somewhat of a balancing act when it comes to coping with hair loss, and that applies just as much to giving advice; trying to remain calm and keep all things in perspective, while also facing the reality that it is definitely a big deal, it is depressing, and until you tackle that fact you'll never stand a chance of achieving some form of peace with yourself (but not necessarily the baldness part of yourself- that peace will never come).

This thread gets that balancing act completely wrong and is laughable. People notice eyes before a bald head? Yes I'm sure when someone walks into a room 20 yards away anyone would notice his eye colour over his shiny skull shape, which is something you can visibly see even from the corner of your eye.

Are some people on here dramatic? Yes, and irrational, extreme, nonsensical. Are most people? Not at all. Most don't compare hair loss to disease or poverty, but nobody is thinking of a starving African child when they're in front of the mirror every morning, or looking at photographs, and your attempt at "helping" was poorly constructed and insensitively pieced together, good intentions or not.

If your way of coping is to constantly assure yourself "it could be worse" I can practically guarantee your mood is never stable and you are never fully well balanced emotionally.