Overcoming tiredness/brain fog/demotivation

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did anyone stop finasteride due to tiredness/brain fog/demotivation?

Even though i've dropped to 0.5mb for last 2 weeks my zest for life is really low..i'm sure its the finasteride as I was fine before starting it. Hair is terrible each day too to the point the buzz is definitely going to happen, loss is not stopping.

If you did stop what happened to your hair...not sure it wold affect mine as its could not have gone downhill any quicker if I hadn't been on finasteride..i'm sure its accelerated it...I keep hoping it was to grow back thicker but then its going to take a few more months if that was the case and it might not be taking a few members resolts of shedding for 6 months+

I would keep going but not sure I could keep this tiredness side forever its just too much, better to have a lively personality and no hair than hair and be asleep 12hrs a day. Anyone think dutasteride might be better..i'm willing to give it a shot now i've come this far as I don't really want to give up I wanted to keep my hair.

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
You would be surprised to know you are in complete psychological control of your environment and how it directly and indirectly affects every passing second of your life. Whether you believe that or not has no relevance, it is the truth.

<-----Psychology major.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to 0.25mg to see how that goes...if only we could tell finasteride was having a positive effect int the first few weeks instead of months to find out it may not and made things worse.

JJ1980

Reaction score
You would be surprised to know you are in complete psychological control of your environment and how it directly and indirectly affects every passing second of your life. Whether you believe that or not has no relevance, it is the truth.

<-----Psychology major.

unfortunately, this is NOT all in his head.

he's not in physiological control.

.25 might subdue some of the side effects but for me i had to totally quit....

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a big believer that he can get through it. The human body is the single most adaptable organism on this planet.

I don't know how long you have been on it but take it before bed, wake up and take 200mg of caffeine. Doing that a few months until you get over it won't affect you at all.

Caffeine is a good supplement for men, has been recommended in men's health. So take it if you need it to get you through the day. You body will deal with it and adapt.

It's just one mg. Like dust, magic dust. I would say it's the minoxidil that is having negative effects. not the finasteride

JJ1980

Reaction score
Lorenzo_91 said:
I am a big believer that he can get through it. The human body is the single most adaptable organism on this planet.

I don't know how long you have been on it but take it before bed, wake up and take 200mg of caffeine. Doing that a few months until you get over it won't affect you at all.

Caffeine is a good supplement for men, has been recommended in men's health. So take it if you need it to get you through the day. You body will deal with it and adapt.

It's just one mg. Like dust, magic dust. I would say it's the minoxidil that is having negative effects. not the finasteride

In my opinion, that's bad advice. the reason why people get burned out on this drug is because it screws up and burns out the adrenal system. caffeine is only a temporary solution and may even damage the body even more.

it def. made my panic attacks and overall health much worse while i was going through my side effects.

STAY AWAY FROM CAFFEINE. Get your adrenals checked by an endocrinologist!!!

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys ever think that maybe spending too much time on this website is what's demotivating us? I used to work out a lot, and used to have a lot of energy. No I feel exhausted all the time. I keep meaning to get to the gym. I feel like I don't have the time sometimes, but somehow I always have plenty of time to waste online and obsessing over my hairline. I think I need to get out more too. Anyways, I'm gonna go for a run today.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I fit my online time in here with work so its not that long but know what you mean.

I work out regular at home that seems to work. Exercise is key to good sleep at the right time.

Since I dropped to 0.25 begining of last week I do seem less tired and doing what you suggest Klink taking it earlier inthe evening instead of later.

If i'm not tired that day then I take 0.5 in the evening.

I gotta find a way somehow. I want to stay on finasteride for 6 mths atleast to hope it works, if I give up then there's certainly no hope hairloss will slow down taking nothing.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I've dropped down to .25mg at night (well, I'm cutting up proscar, so .25mg is real rought approximate) but it has finally let me feel normal again.

I can tell I'm still getting *some* effect because I've still got sexual sides (less semen, which I honestly couldn't care less about). I just hope .25mg is enough to help with the hair. I've lost some noticible hairline during the time when I quit entirely.