overall thinning

williehigh

Reaction score
Hey im new here. Im 27 and have been thinning for about two years. The last year I have had a lot of thinning in the front and temples. The front really bothers me becasue I like to spike my hair up but now its too thin in the front to do that. I originally thought I was only going to lose the front and sides but now the top of my head is thinning as well. The propecia seem to worsen the thinning on the top at first but Im hoping that was just shedding and that it will grow back. I am wondering if hair transplant works well for overall thinning or just when you are bald in specific areas? I dont want to get "shock" and have scattered grafts apparent all over my head. Please advise what my best approach to this would be. I just want to style my hair the way I used too.

ps. Im getting married in July and I am already dreading the pictures

G

Williehigh i know how you feel my friend as i went through the same anxieties.It is possible to have a hair transplant that will give you good coverage over your head.Most surgeons will start and do the front to mid region first as thats where people look at you the most which is front on.I would definately stay on the Proscar or Propecia as this will help maintain what you do have.It mainly works in the mid to crown region though! Have you got any pics you can show me at all? Take alook at my pics and tell me if your hair was like mine in my 1st pre-op pics!

Rgds
Damo

williehigh

Reaction score
Your individual hairs look like they might be thicker but I have more overall hair. I really like the results you got from the hair transplant. How long did it take to look good after you got it? Did you get "hair shock"?

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Shockloss is very serious and unpredictable. Damien went to a top surgeon and had two done so far. In lesser hands(the vast majority) he would have been bald and freaky looking.Even in the best hands shock can out weigh the benefits, then you are in for a ride.Most ethical surgeons can spot a shocklosser from a mile away . Other capitalize on it. Be careful.

williehigh

Reaction score
I have a appointment tomorrow and the guy Im going to see came highly recomended. I live in Philly. I feel like I have a million questions for this guy. Bottom line......I want a full head of hair! I dont care what the cost.

ps. Dont ask me about T.O.......We're happy he is gone!

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen carefully, You will never ever get a full head of hair from a hair transplant. A full look, The illusion of fullness is all you can hope for. Also MULTIPLE surgeries are part of the game. Please do a ton of research and don't let your emotions overwhelm your intellect or instincts.Report back as to what the doctor told you and don't go forward in the heat of the moment. I was a n/w 2.5 . after 2,500 grafts I ended up a n/w 5 with freaky sprouts. I am now a repair patient. You don't want a piece of this.Forums like this are a great place to do research. Become an expert before going forward with any irreversable surgery. If you don't like your breast implants you can take them out. H/T is not like that. One cut and your in for life.I thought 2,500 grafts on good hair would make great hair. Thats what the "doctor" told me. Be careful. .P.S. You want full hair "bang" your not a candidate.

G

Williehigh i agree with Mahair.You will not get a full head of hair like when you are 18,but they can make you look like you do have alot of hair due to the illusion it gives you.To achieve really good density you nned to have two procedures like i did.Let me know what your surgeon says to you.

Damo