Osman Kibar CEO of Samumed on CNBC

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh, I'm sure 30 years ago someone said minoxidil was a POTENTIAL cure.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
It was weird he'd say that considering they shared the ten percent growth data on hair. I just thought maybe their last trial may have indicated something better with the biopsy lmao.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was weird he'd say that considering they shared the ten percent growth data on hair. I just thought maybe their last trial may have indicated something better with the biopsy lmao.

I'm satisfied with those results after just 3 months, but calling it a 'potential cure' is just an attempt to make headlines.

resu

Reaction score
Or maybe the results are better the more time passes or the higher the dose, if they got true regrowth even if not too amazing in density it's still fair to say it's a potential cure.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or maybe the results are better the more time passes or the higher the dose, if they got true regrowth even if not too amazing in density it's still fair to say it's a potential cure.

Well, then yeah I suppose so if they know something we don't.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score

It doesnt get better with higher the dose. It was one of the criticisms of the medical community saying thats usually an indicator of a drug that wont make it to market. Samumed says theres a "goldilocks" zone where it works well. But theres isnt a curved dose response i think is what they called it. But maybe the time thing is true.

abcdefg

Reaction score
There is nothing to compare this against, but something like propecia hair counts went up quite a bit as time went on. The hair counts at 3 months I would think would increase quite a bit at 12 months or even farther out. male pattern baldness also has that unfortunate problem of taking forever to see actual results. No wonder trials take so long

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
10% regrowth in 3 months. I don't know how we aren't excited about that. Does that regrowth double every 3 months? Triple? We have no idea, but that is a solid start. Does the drug maintain hair as well? Probably. This could be game changing.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And even if it isn't a cure, adding SM to a minoxidil regimen would make gainz better.

But like always, all this talk is just talk till you see it on the shelves of your local supermarket.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If it halts further recession/progression for me/us less than 5 years (real time) and doesn't impinge on my bedroom proclivities
or cause phallic atrophy/dystrophy, you can count me in.

Ten percent imrovement is one more than 9%.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Not sure, but I would like to see 6 or 12 month results. Propecia didnt even have 3 month results. The phase 3 was just 6 and 12 months with hair counts going up from like 70 to 90 or something. No reason to think at 12 months its not possibly a lot higher than at 3. Beggars cant be choosers we need anything at this point regardless what it is.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm satisfied with those results after just 3 months, but calling it a 'potential cure' is just an attempt to make headlines.

I agree a cure is absolutely far fetched.

As for their 3 month results I was impressed. Propecia did almost nothing for me in 3 months but by month 7 I had noticeable changes in my hair. Anyone who knows how hair cycles work knows you need a full year at the very least to rule on efficacy.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree a cure is absolutely far fetched.

As for their 3 month results I was impressed. Propecia did almost nothing for me in 3 months but by month 7 I had noticeable changes in my hair. Anyone who knows how hair cycles work knows you need a full year at the very least to rule on efficacy.

Quoting this for truth.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of people get on a treatment, see increased shedding (which means its working), assume it isnt and hop off. Or get disheartened they don't see hair in the first 2 months or 3 months. You really have to wait it out.

That's what makes SM and Histogen results exciting. If after 1 year they can double or triple the amount of terminal hair regrown compared to their 6mo study, we've got something substantial on our hands gentlemen.