oral minoxidil hypertrichosis with picture

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you are really, really concerned about hypertrichosis, but honestly I don't see it on your arm. I see some above your eyebrows, but your arms look like that of a normal man. I don't know what to tell you. I've seen way more extreme examples of hypertrichosis, where the arm and hand is completely covered in thick, dark hair.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you are really, really concerned about hypertrichosis, but honestly I don't see it on your arm. I see some above your eyebrows, but your arms look like that of a normal man. I don't know what to tell you. I've seen way more extreme examples of hypertrichosis, where the arm and hand is completely covered in thick, dark hair.
thanks man, but it was like my arm but everywhere on my body like back/ shoulder/ belly etc. and before i had nothing. so i am concerned, . and it was with a really low dosage ( 1.25 mg)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and my hand was covered in thick hair to. the hypertrichosis is still here despite having dropped the om 5 month ago!!!
according to you does plucking unwanted body hair caused them to grow back darker?
I know you are really, really concerned about hypertrichosis, but honestly I don't see it on your arm. I see some above your eyebrows, but your arms look like that of a normal man. I don't know what to tell you. I've seen way more extreme examples of hypertrichosis, where the arm and hand is completely covered in thick, dark hair

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plucking/waxing would be the best way to get rid of the hair. You are removing the bulb, so it will take longer to grow back. Do not shave those areas. If the hair is growing fast you will create a nightmare of prickly new growth, causing even more aggravation. You can probably easily wax your temples if that is bothering you. Your arms look perfectly normal, but if that bothers you, then wax those as well. Again, do not shave. Go to a waxing salon if you need to.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plucking/waxing would be the best way to get rid of the hair. You are removing the bulb, so it will take longer to grow back. Do not shave those areas. If the hair is growing fast you will create a nightmare of prickly new growth, causing even more aggravation. You can probably easily wax your temples if that is bothering you. Your arms look perfectly normal, but if that bothers you, then wax those as well. Again, do not shave. Go to a waxing salon if you need to.
thanks man and the act of plucking doesn't cause darker hair to grow back? instead of the vellu nlond hair

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man and the act of plucking doesn't cause darker hair to grow back? instead of the vellu nlond hair
Plucking will not make the hair thicker or darner than it ordinarily would be. It just slows down the process. But re-growth is way more pleasant than if you shave.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plucking will not make the hair thicker or darner than it ordinarily would be. It just slows down the process. But re-growth is way more pleasant than if you shave.
because i plucked my small vellu shoulder hair man and it is regrowing darker ( it was blond before).

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because i plucked my small vellu shoulder hair man and it is regrowing darker ( it was blond before).
You obviously respond very well to the Minoxidil and your body hair is going to keep coming back, but the waxing/plucking is the only way to slow it down other than laser hair removal.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm.. 5 months isnt Long enough. My hands also got harier definately got more hair on my hands. Who cares? No way its permanent. Just shave for now.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm.. 5 months isnt Long enough. My hands also got harier definately got more hair on my hands. Who cares? No way its permanent. Just shave for now.
well 5 month is quite long time bro. i'm really wondering if it is permanent... that sucks