Oral minoxidil: anyone able to grow facial hair which you barely could before?

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking oral minoxidil for 2 weeks now and so far no results on both scalph and face (yet). I wonder if anyone who could barely grow facial hair was actually able to grow one when they took oral minoxidil?

I'm also applying topical and dermaroll my face by the way.
Its going to take awhile for the beard to come in from oral minoxidil. But it will, at least to some degree if anything. I know its a pain but wait at least 6 months. I grew a much fuller beard on oral minoxidil. If you're wondering just check out my profile. You'll find a post showing my beard growth from oral minoxidil. Its still patchy but its much fuller than before.

ChrisK9662

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its going to take awhile for the beard to come in from oral minoxidil. But it will, at least to some degree if anything. I know its a pain but wait at least 6 months. I grew a much fuller beard on oral minoxidil. If you're wondering just check out my profile. You'll find a post showing my beard growth from oral minoxidil. Its still patchy but its much fuller than before.

Since I'm 99% sure I'm a topical non-responder, I'm hoping the oral stuff helps thicken and fill in my beard as well.

I've been using topical foam on my face and head for at least a couple years and have seen very very little growth from either. Any growth on my face is probably from me getting older.

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you. Just checked your post and I agree. Though still a somewhat patchy beard, it's def much thicker than what you got before. Hell I'd still be happy if my beard was like that.

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I'm 99% sure I'm a topical non-responder, I'm hoping the oral stuff helps thicken and fill in my beard as well.

I've been using topical foam on my face and head for at least a couple years and have seen very very little growth from either. Any growth on my face is probably from me getting older.
Same and same!! Tell you what, I'm on year 4th and foam/liquid done nothing to both my scalph and beard. Hopefully oral will.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Just checked your post and I agree. Though still a somewhat patchy beard, it's def much thicker than what you got before. Hell I'd still be happy if my beard was like that.
Now, I didn't dermaroll or anything, so who knows how much fuller it would be if I dermarolled and maybe used a little topical with it.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get a lot of new extremity hair growth (particularly on hands, fingers, forearms and legs)? I am drinking about 10 drops of 5% daily in an effort to trigger hypertrichosis. Would love to have legs covered in thick fur.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get a lot of new extremity hair growth (particularly on hands, fingers, forearms and legs)? I am drinking about 10 drops of 5% daily in an effort to trigger hypertrichosis. Would love to have legs covered in thick fur.
I've seen a lot of people get hypertrichosis but not so much for me, It did thicken it a bit, but that's because I don't have much body hair in the 1st place.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people get hypertrichosis but not so much for me, It did thicken it a bit, but that's because I don't have much body hair in the 1st place.
I've got good coverage; I just want to increase the thickness and density of what's there and I will be happy. It's a weird quest, I know. My head hair and beard are fine; no family history of male pattern baldness.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no unwanted body hair bro?
Sigh. Trying to pluck my face with tweezers and my legs are a hairy rat's nest and my epilator died. It's not all bright lights and big city being Janey, Michel, mon bel, s'il t-e plait, tais-toi et sois beau avant que tu ne le sois non plus. Belmondo est mort et moi, Janey, je me vois comme Jean Seberg: "New York Herald Tribune! New York Herald Tribune!", mais reelement sois-je plutot Kaprisky et pour moi, Richard Gere, qu'est-ce qu'il est beau et ses cheveux? Magnifiques. Bonne chance alors, mon ami francophone et pour mois, etre francaise serait incroyable. Si je mets les lettres T et E, le system dit Telogen Effluvian, lol et alors toi, tu t'en veux rien de ca.

Jane

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beaucoup!

Attachments

• ServiceSir?.jpg
    ServiceSir?.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 85