Oral liquid Finasteride stable?

travbedaman

Reaction score
Hey, I`ve made a liquid oral from finacar tabs dissolved into grain alcohol. I basically just shake the bottle (the fina does not totally disolve) so the sediment mixes up then draw up 1 cc with my old `roid syringes, shoot it in my mouth....however I`m curious if over time the fina would degrade or not.

I make it so a bottle lasts for about a month. There are many liquid oral products similar out there, so I figured this would work.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Why not divide your fincar and take 1.25mg or 1mg a day?

Why not just ingest the tablet?

travbedaman

Reaction score
Well I wanted to take 1mg at most to start and I figured it was a pain to cut into fifths, I actually have been taking .5 mg per day for a few weeks, due to a big drop in libido...and that would basically near impossible with a 5mg tab.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
If the alcohol is pure it should be ok.

You could also dilute some alcohol with purified water to help keep it stable.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive run "research" finasteride, and to be honest I shed a decent amount of hair. So I worry some of those places are not selling good stuff. Or maybe it degraded I dunno.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
Ive run "research" finasteride, and to be honest I shed a decent amount of hair. So I worry some of those places are not selling good stuff. Or maybe it degraded I dunno.

seriously i have no idea what are you talking about...

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
seriously i have no idea what are you talking about...

Ya know! finasteride thats for "research" purposes! For your rats ya know! It comes suspended in liquid.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
travbedaman said:
Hey, I`ve made a liquid oral from finacar tabs dissolved into grain alcohol. I basically just shake the bottle (the fina does not totally disolve) so the sediment mixes up...

The sediment that you're seeing isn't the finasteride, it's the insoluble tablet fillers and excipients. The finasteride almost certainly DOES dissolve into the ethanol.

Bryan

travbedaman

Reaction score
Thinning said:

Yeah I`ve always ben leary of the research stuff..thats why I decided to buy real tabs and make my own, lol

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
travbedaman said:
Wow, I`ve been told numerous times that the sediment was the fina - guess that make sense though.

Do you understand what a small speck of material 5 mg is?? A tablet of Proscar or Fincar weighs a lot more than that, and so does the sediment that you're seeing. It CLEARLY is not just the finasteride that's forming that sludge.

Bryan