Opening bags/ suitcases at airport to my dismay!!!!!

Sol_5

Reaction score
My grlfriend knows nothing about my minoxidil, dermatch, sea-kelp, green tea, mult-vitamin, nioxin regime so imagine my face when they opened my suitcase at the airport in front of her!!!

sh*t!!!!!! it was the worst!

describing what minoxidil is to an officer in India is like offering a monkey heroin!

He saw the needle (dropper) & the look of disgust on his face was priceless! I thought i was going to get arrested! It took me half an hour to explain, then he sent it off to be tested!!! I was shitting myself!

The dermatch was easier to explain as i told him it was shoe polish! Being English he believed we polish our shoes where ever we go!!!

Surprisingly, my girlfriend was very nice about it. She said it was good that i cared about my looks, but i shouldn't get obsessed.

In a way it was a good thing, but boy was it f***ing embaressing!

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol, good one. I bet you would see just how obsessive a person could be if your girlfriend (god forbid) notices a bald spot on her vertex. I'm sorry, but when someone says it's vain worrying about hairloss, I just feel like smacking them across the head with a wet 10 pound catfish.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sol, you can say that it is a perfume and get over with it.
I have travelled to India manytimes with minoxidil. No problem at all. Also you don't need to take the droppers with you. You will get them in India.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you allowed an authority figure to bully you into giving unnecessary information.

In a way it's understandable given the stress of the moment but what you should have said when he asked you what it is, is simply "minoxidil it's medication".

If he asked you what for you would be entitled to say "My medical details are private". It is up to them to know whether a particular substance is allowed to be brought into the country or not, once they know it's minoxidil then there should be no problem, or as happened they can always get it tested.

Sol_5

Reaction score
I tried to give the old 'my medical details are private' speech but lets face it, understandably, due to the on going Terrorism NOTHING is private.

Anyway, looking back it was quite funny!

To tell the truth, if my girlfriend had given me a nard time about it or acted differently towards me, I would have had second thoughts about her.

But, she acted honourably & als well that ends well!!!

SkipTracer

Reaction score
It is a good thing you didn't have any cocaine with you. Phew!

matt_1_

Reaction score
Yeah my GF doesn't know about my balding alter-ego either...having to hide a 600$ lasercomb in my own appartment is probably my lowest point right now...damn ego...