One Year on Propecia; With Pics

P_Stone

Reaction score
I posted this on the Propecia forum as well.

I have been on Propecia for 12 months. Here are before and after pictures. As you can see, I have not experienced substantial regrowth, though since I keep my hair so short it may be a bit harder to recognize regrowth if it did occur. It is safe to say that I’ve at least maintained the hair I had before starting medication. I experienced testicular pain within 10-14 days of starting Propecia, but it subsided in a couple days and I haven’t experienced any side effects since the initial scare.

I alternate between 1% Nizoral and T-Gel. I will continue to take Propecia. Any advice would be appreciated. Should I add Rogaine Foam? Should I grow out my hair a bit to see if Couvre or Toppik would work for me? Can the Foam coexist with a scalp coloring agent. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Here are the tri-monthly pics. I just put them up on a blog.
http://www.mehair.blogspot.com

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you should add the foam. But I would grow it out a bit more if you really want to grow more hair, hard to tell when you are doing a #1 buzz cut.

antonio666

Reaction score
what is this doing on the sucsess thread,the guy had little to begin with and still has little,p stone must have been expecting regrowth because maintaince in my opinion of what he had left is not worth the cost of propecia

however p stone do not give up ,at least you have stabilized your hairloss now add rogaine for growth,sometimes that gives the propecia that kick it needs to

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your pics are poor quality and it's too hard to tell if you've gained anything.

i'd say it isn't any worse, but i'd not really call this a success story. sorry :/

i think expecting regrowth given your baseline was a little optimistic for propecia alone.

if you want some more hair, get out the big guns and start the minoxidil :)

P_Stone

Reaction score
Yeah, I started Propecia a few years too late. I'm not expecting a full regrowth. Just a some thickening. Maybe minoxidil can give me that.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
P_stone,
thanks for the post. Most of the posters here are NW2 or NW1.1, so for them this is not a big deal.

Though you started late, I am glad you started finasteride. You need to arrest your further loss if you plan to do hair transplant in the future.

(I started it only after reaching NW6).

If money is not an issue I suggest that you use rogaine foam in the AM and xandrox 15 in the PM ( I have used all possible minoxidil topicals except spetral DNC). And xandrox 15 gave me hairs in the front (nothing else did includin proxiphen-N which can be a great addition).

good luck.

IBM

Reaction score
p stone you definitely maintained. Congrats.

Since you keep it very short why not try an agressive treatment like finasteride+flutamide+minoxidil or dutasteride+oral spironolactone+minoxidil?