One more question

Mimi

Reaction score
My doctor's instructions said to sleep in a recliner or on several pillows following surgery. My question is for how long does this go on? I'm normally a side sleeper and also I wonder how does one prevent oneself from turning over in the night? Also, aren't most donor sites in the back of the head and thus wouldn't it be bad to be lying all night on the donor incision? Sorry for all the questions.
Mimi

theanimator

Reaction score
Hi Mimi,

I usually like to sleep on my stomach, but with all the pain medication I got after my surgery, it was really easy to fall asleep in a recliner. I'd take the pills, sit down and watch TV, then after about 30 min. I was OUT. I slept in the recliner every night I took the pain pills. I think it was 5 or 6 days. It became a non-issure because of how easily I fell asleep. The thing you'll notice the most is how weird your donor area feels when it rests against pillow and other soft things....they don't feel so soft. When you lie on your donor area it does hurt just a little, because you're putting pressure on the stitches. You have to manuever the pillows so you're not lying directly on it.

Best of Luck,