One month on Propecia... my sides and results

Britannia

Reaction score
Just finished my first month on Propecia. Heres my story:
1) First few weeks had mild testicular pain which faded slowly, dont notice it anymore.
2) Started to get acne on my shoulders and chest which Ive never had before. Hopefully a good quality body scrub and exfoilater will sort that.
3) Had a bad shed about 3 weeks after starting treatment which was scary, but it stopped pretty much overnight after a week. Im not shedding at all now.
4) No results yet (as expected) but the bad shed mentioned above stopped dead a few days ago so maybe now I will start to notice some improvement.

Ill keep updating monthly on my progress.

Swede

Reaction score
I have also just finshed my first month of propecia (I have used it before). I am having a huge shed right now and hair falls out from all over the scalp, even sides and neck. I hope this is a good sign.
Good luck.

LosingYoung6669

Reaction score
Hey I Just finished my 2nd month, and have been having a shed for the last 3 weeks that has pretty much stopped now...

I notice that new hair is coming in it is very fine hairs, but these little hairs are more numerous, and are growing in much closer together increasing density!!!

I expect these all to fall out again of course, but it is a reassuring sign to me that the product is working, as I was getting very discouraged after the initial shed.

I was in London Drugs the other day and thought abouit picking up minoxidil, I still don't know if I want to do that yet... It sounds like a real pain in the ***.

tobyhope

Reaction score
I thought I would also share mine since it has also been a month..

1) Sensed a decreased level of libido for the first few weeks. Not sure if it was mental or not. Seems to be ok now but not entirely sure if is 100% back to normal.

2) Sensed a slight sensation of pain in the testicles that comes and goes. It think it has subsided a bit.

3) Sense some very light sensation around the nipples.

4) I think there is an increased level of shedding and I continue to shed.

5) Starting to get acne on the back and on the face. I used to have problems with acne a few years ago and haven't had it for a while but it has definitely more or less picked up now on the fourth week. Hope it goes away.

Question: Has it been known for acne to disappear once it has appeared after taking Propecia just like other side effects ??

Britannia

Reaction score
tobyhope the acne was really getting me down. I go to the gym religously and have a great tan. And now because I want to keep my hair Ive got to put up with loads of red spots all over my body. Anyway Ive sorted it now by using a good quality body scrub and using an oil control moisturiser. I also stopped using a sauna after a work out and used steam room instead. My acnes much better now (but it is still there).

G

Does anyone know what causes exactly the ACNE when we take Propecia?

Is ir just a reaction of body against our hormone change generated by Propecia?

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to not get acne while taking finasteride and still have good results (I actually had it a slight bit very early on)? The thing is, my face, scalp and body has become excessively dry since finasteride. I also use minoxidil .5 which I know causes the scalp to be dry (insanely dry), but what's up with my face being soooooo dry? Anyone else experience this?

aozomozoa

Reaction score
I just thought I'd add my progress on propecia to your post as well since I'm near the same time frame as you. More people talking about it the better right?

I'm nearing the 2 month mark on 1 mg a day.

Libido - No effects apparent yet. After the first few days I was worried simply because of the possibility of sexual side effects, but I have since noticed I am still as addicted to the female as I ever was before.

Shedding - About the same or even less than when I started taking it.

Acne - It's hard to tell if my facial skin and surrounding areas have gone through any noticeable change since I am currently on the Proactiv system and was before I started taking propecia.

Regrowth - DAMN ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!! not.

way too early to tell

G

I think this posts really tells that it is more like 78% side effects and 2% with positive result.. Now i really know that am gonna buy a full life order with this drug.. Dont know how long my life gona be if on it but i can sell the rest to Britannia if i past away..U not need 2 answer this Brittania ;)
Seriusly,, why dont we just get our balding heads together and buy us some RU and make this at home.. Atleast I only hair good things about it. I love the word hair!!! haha
I mean if we can afford drinking and party 4-10 times a month just 2 feel alive we can afford this.. Who`s with me?
I can be the distributor and contacting the firm wich deliver it if nobody else would hasle with it :)

Propecia with the side effect on body
or
RU with side effect on wallet

Its our choice. so who`s in??

Konkera

Reaction score
My progress:

Almost finished using 2 months worth of Propecia.
Don't see any growth but I have noticed I have stop losing LESS hair than before.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
I think this posts really tells that it is more like 78% side effects and 2% with positive result.. Now i really know that am gonna buy a full life order with this drug.. Dont know how long my life gona be if on it but i can sell the rest to Britannia if i past away..U not need 2 answer this Brittania ;)
Seriusly,, why dont we just get our balding heads together and buy us some RU and make this at home.. Atleast I only hair good things about it. I love the word hair!!! haha
I mean if we can afford drinking and party 4-10 times a month just 2 feel alive we can afford this.. Who`s with me?
I can be the distributor and contacting the firm wich deliver it if nobody else would hasle with it :)

or

wow, completely incoherent. I'm flabbergasted.

Britannia

Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:

or

WTF? :shock: