Once A Responder Now Not A Responder??

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Hi,

I was on Propecia for 3 months between the 8th of novmber to to the 3rd of february. After that point I decided I would go off it for a few weeks (mainly due to one or two sides, and possibly thinking I could get away with just using topicals).

It's a decision I slightly regret now, mainly because some of the temple hair I kept while on Propecia during those 3 months has gone (or at least is starting to) and my hairline, which in combination with minoxidil looked great only a few weeks ago, looks rather crooked again. Almost feeling that I'm no worse off than if I had never taken the drug in the first place.

Anyway on wednesday the 28th of february, I went back on it, however I'm beginning to get worried that I might become a non-responder this time?

I know I was a responder last time I was on it because immediately within a few days I was starting to shed, and my hairline stayed exactly in place throughout the 3 months I was on it (comparing it to photos I took of it before the 8th of november).

Ok anyway so I've only been back on it since wednesday but I'm beginning to worry that I possibly wont shed, nor will the side effects (i.e. decreased libido) will come back suggesting that the drug isn't working all of a sudden.

Can this actually be possible? Or is it a case once a responder always a responder kind of thing?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I very much doubt your responsiveness has changed. It seems you were not off the finasteride very long, your hormones usually do not go back to normal for about 2 weeks after stopping, so you may not get the same reaction you did initially.