On the path to salvaton!

Actb4NW6

Reaction score
I have just applied my newly bought kirkland 5% Minoxidil to my scalp.....while applying it a few questions arose in my head so i came hear to research the answers..... however after trolling thru pages and pages of this section i cannot find clear-cut answers to my q's (most topices are to do with foam or liquid v. foam etc.) so would be very grateful if someone could help me:

!. Would it matter too much if i dropped a few drops on the carpet or in the sink (dropped in both places today!) or do i have to wash it out immediatly?

2. Can u wash ur hair with Nizoral shampoo after the recommended 2-4 hrs of drying time?

3. If i get it on my fingers, is it enuff to just rinse them under some water or do i have to wash for a good minute or two.

4. (a bit of a dumb one) Did you replace the original cap with the cap and pippette or kept the pippette in a separate place?

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure i'm getting these questions but as far as i know, minoxidil is not some kind of super-corrosive or hazardous material. If some dropped on your carpet and didn't stain it, i don't see what the problem is. I mean, i wouldn't chug the stuff but so what if a few drops land in the sink? And yes, replace the original cap with the one that has the pipette attached.

Sean68

Reaction score
it depends how expensive your carpet is. the only place you really dont want to spill it is in your eye. using nizoral should be fine leave it at least two hours and most of it shouldve absorbed.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, i dont even rinse my hands after applying minoxidil. If I grow a beard in my knee though, i am going to tell you.

G

1. the minoxidil contains much alcool, therefore try to make it to fall on the marble pavement (not on the carpet). You will see as it cleans up well :lol:

2. of course, but try to wait for at least 4 hours, if you can

3. rinse well, especially if u are going to eat

4. I am a little bit crazy; I have two pipettes and a saucer. I leave off the stopper from the bottle, then I use the pipette (always the same one) in order to capture 1-2 ml of minoxidil and I put they in the saucer. To that point, I take the other pipette and I capture the minoxidil from the saucer and I put it in head directly.
In this way I keep the minoxidil inside the bottle always clean, without risk of hairs inside the bottle or, worse, residual of other lotions that you had in head (I think at Retin-A, for example), because this is the risk if you use always the same pipette to capture and to put in head and to capture again
I am a little maniac, I know :p