On Fincar for 3 months

Paulie

Reaction score
I've literally not taken one more dose of fincar in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Dunno what is up with my hair now really or what course of action I should take next.

I have just finished up a course of Roacutane ( for my skin...nice and clear complexion now :) ). Maybe that was a factor in the amount of hair I lost?

What's the next step now? Should I go on minoxidil on its own for a while?
Then maybe introduce dutas?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in exactly the same boat mate and unsure in which direction to steer it next.

Can't believe that proscar fucked my hair up to this extent.. absolutely unbelievable the damage it has done. Been off it for 4 days now and the relentless shedding massacre has stoppped pretty much. PHEW, but too little too late :(

Paulie

Reaction score
Well since my last post I've kind of tried to forget about hairloss.

To this day my hair is still shedding at the same rate that it appeared to do while I was on Fincar. I don't know if it's just a big coincidence and that my hairloss just naturally sped up when I began taking Fincar, or if it is actually the Fincar which has resulted in my hairloss worsening and continuing to shed at the same rate even to this day (I'm taking nothing since Novemeber last year).

So here's what I'm wondering.
If I start the big 3, should I use Fincar again or should I try Dutas in its place?

Thanks guys.

G

The decision whether you should add dutasteride or finasteride imo depends on the agressiveness of your hairloss. For heavy hairloss i would advise dutasteride for moderatate hairloss I suggest finasteride, at least for the beginning. dutasteride is more effective as we know, but also has a higher risk of sides. It is up to you!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Several of us in the same boat. Just livin day to day watchin the hair disappear...my confidence in finasteride continues to decrease. Can't understand why we are not getting at least slowdown or maintenance.....Merk never mentioned it could make things worse for some guys.

Anyone read that if you suffer from tiredness on it then its having a negative effect - seen one guy mention that and wondered if there was any truth behind it.