On finasteride ... Want to Add dutasteride Twice a Week - Good Idea?

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
I was reading another poster's success story ....

He uses dutasteride as a "supplemental" DHT fighter ... taking it once a week.

Would it be beneficial for me to take .5mg of dutasteride twice a week? Like on Mon and Thurs?

Im currently taking 1mg finasteride/day ... in the middle of month 5 right now. Havent seen much in terms of results. Now im worried about fronatl/temple loss. I was shedding like crazy during wks 2-4 of finasteride ... now that has subsided for the most part.

any feedback appreciated

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
Would it be beneficial for me to take .5mg of dutasteride twice a week? Like on Mon and Thurs?
of course it would be beneficial to your hair! it's just the unknown long term side effects of dutasteride that u have to consider.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
Im currently taking 1mg finasteride/day ... in the middle of month 5 right now. Havent seen much in terms of results.

One of the most difficult aspects of treating hairloss is that it takes time. Hair growth is a slow process. Most people, including Merck, suggest a period of at least one year to evaluate the effects of finasteride. Keep in mind that with finasteride you have a very, very good chance of maintaining your hair and a good chance of seeing some regrowth if you give it time.

The rest, of course, is up to you. I'll leave it to more experienced posters to address the issue of finasteride and dutasteride at the same time.

Hang in there and good luck.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
i know im impatient - like most, i presume - but im trying to balance the thought of being proactive and the fear of losing ground while waiting to see if propecia actually works for me ...

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
i know im impatient - like most, i presume - but im trying to balance the thought of being proactive and the fear of losing ground while waiting to see if propecia actually works for me ...

You should just go all out on dutastride. Its like finastride but better.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
mbehr22 said:

You should just go all out on dutastride. Its like finastride but better.
lol
dont listen to him
he has good intentions but in my opinion adding it two time a week is a good idea and it can help alot

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i took dutasteride for 3 days and my balls fell off :freaked2: