On finasteride for a year, now shed!

VWdude

Reaction score
Alright... Been on propecia for a year...NO sheds up until I had a shower today and noticed large amounts of hair on my hands.... I've been having pretty good results but now I am sort of getting worried.... I'm thinking maybe its because I slept with dermmatch and didn't wash my hair for 48 hours? Maybe it's just a good o'l fashioned shed... whatever it may be, Im scared that my steady success will decline. I noticed the vast majority of hairs that fell out were all thick and healthy looking.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey bro,

It sounds to me more like cos you did not wash your hair for 2 days, that it seems like more fell out than usual.

I have been on finasteride. and nizoral. for about 16 Mnths, and for the last 2 Mnths I have noticed increased shedding....kinda sucks...alot.

One of the worst things is no one can tell you whats going on...we all react differently...so wait and see I guess, I'm giving finasteride. till the two year mark before I make any changes.

Good Luck! Hope your hair holds up :)

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about two weeks away from the 1 year mark and every morning when i wake up there's a good 20-40 hairs on my pillow. Been like this for about a month or so, am i fucked?

Most of the hair is thin, lacks pigment and has white bulbs on the end sometimes thicker than the hair but still it's a lot to see on the pillow and it's all coming from the top of my head.

not sure if i should move to dutasteride or something....

VWdude

Reaction score
I'm just worried becuase my results have been pretty good....and I plan on keeping them that way!

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
okay vwdude, tell me, what is different about your life in recent weeks? what is new/ changed?

VWdude

Reaction score
I just got back from Vacation in florida, that is all I can think of.... everything else has been the same.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok this is weird.

VWdude, I noticed my increase in shedding once I got back from a vacation at my parents place in QLD.

Holidays = Hairloss...?

Most probably not...but what a weird coincidence.

VWdude

Reaction score
If holidays = Hairloss, then would Beef jerky = hitler?

Who knows'....maybe its just time for a shed.