OM-85 BV (Broncho-Vaxon), TNF levels and hairloss

IBM

Reaction score
Hi.

Ten days ago i started Broncho-Vaxon which is OM-85 BV (bacterial extract of eight bacterias) for respiratory infections prevention. Also i noted that my hair shedded a lot (specially today) and its thinner.
I researched and found that this medicine increases TNF-alpha which is contribute for follicle cell's death.

The study is here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&list_uids=2503554&cmd=Retrieve&indexed=google:

Broncho-Vaxon (OM-85 BV) is a bacterial extract of eight bacterias usually involved in the respiratory tract infections. Since Broncho-Vaxom is clinically active in decreasing the incidence of such infections, its immunological effect was investigated, in vitro, using peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). The experimental data indicate that Broncho-Vaxom can modulate various immune functions. It was shown, using a radioimmunoassay for these cytokines, that Broncho-Vaxom will spontaneously enhance TNF alpha and IL-2 production whereas it has no action on IF gamma production. However, when the PBMC are stimulated with PHA, an increased production for IF gamma, TNF alpha and IL-2 was observed suggesting that, under appropriate conditions, Broncho-Vaxom enhances the production of these cytokines. In other experiments, Broncho-Vaxom was shown to markedly increase the natural killer activity of PBMC. All these results demonstrate that Broncho-Vaxom is an immunomodulator affecting multiple immunological mechanisms including the activation of natural killer cells, of monocytes and of T cells through direct mechanisms or through the cytokine cascade.

I'll stop the medicine and i regret to not research about the medicine before taking it. I made the mistake before and i did it again :( .

I would like to hear opinions about this.