ok whats with all this talk about hair losss

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I am confused here. EVeryone keeps looking for their hair to NOT fall out in order to see if their hair is progressing or not. BUT HOW ON EARTH ARe we suppose to know weather or not the amount of hair we shed has gotten less WITHOUT WEARING A HAIR NET around our heads 24/7????? ALSO OK OVEr the passesd MOnths MY HAIR HAS IMPROVED BUT the amount of hairs i shed SEEMS to be the exact same as before! as I STILLL LOOSE hairs. Isnt it normal to be loosing hairs? and shouldnt we be looking for overall improvment??? I mean they say a normal amount of hair loss is 50 or so hairs a day does that CHANGE at all if we are progressing and revesing hair loss?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
The # of hairs you lose (not loose) means nothing. Not only is impossible to gauge the amount, but the fact that you are shedding doesn't tell you anything. It could mean you are responding to treatment and you are losing hair that will grow back thicker and healthier. Or it could mean you are continuing to bald and the hair will not come back. No way to know.

Results mean something. Shedding tells you nothing.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good post MH ,

Shedding tells you nothing instead look to see if your hair gets thicker towards the bulb.......this is the only way to somewhat gauge if a postive is happening