OK to combine L-Arginine while on finasteride?

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys...so the dutasteride experiment for me is over. I started dutasteride last September, and about two months ago my erections and sexual performance finally went down the tubes. Having said that, I dropped dutasteride almost three weeks ago but will stay on the finasteride, as I had been using it since late 2000 without any problems.

To get my sexual performance back to where it was pre-dutasteride (at least for now), is it safe to take L-Arginine? I read where 5 g of it in a day can really help blood flow through the penis.

Any comments? Bryan?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Arginine may help with erection strength, but doesnt increase libido, you could try yohimbine for that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my god...arginine DEFINITELY increased my libido. It made me horny as a hoot-owl. Other people have had that experience, too.

Bryan

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
So horny goat weed and L-Arginine will not interfere with the finasteride's role? The increased testosterone levels?

Thanks for the reponses so far, guys.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Oh my god...arginine DEFINITELY increased my libido. It made me horny as a hoot-owl. Other people have had that experience, too.

Bryan

Really, how much were you taking? I was using about 3 grams.

drinkrum

Reaction score
supernova said:
So horny goat weed and L-Arginine will not interfere with the finasteride's role? The increased testosterone levels?

Thanks for the reponses so far, guys.

Nope. L-arginine works by restoring nitrogen balance and by increasing nitric oxide flow, which is a precursor to erections. However, the medical evidence of oral l-arginine supplementation and its postive effects is lacking at best.

D.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
global said:
Bryan said:

Bryan

Really, how much were you taking? I was using about 3 grams.

I was using about that same amount. It was arginine hydrochloride powder from TwinLab, and if I remember correctly, the label on the bottle said that 1 teaspoon (which is what I was taking) contained 3.75 grams of arginine.

Bryan