NW1.5ish to a NW3ish after 15months

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
The greatest amount of my hair loss while on Propecia has been my hairline. On the start of my treatment I was about a NW1.5ish. and now after about 15months into treatment I am on my way to a NW3. I tried Miox for the hair line but had a bad reaction and ended up with bumps all over my scalp:( I am losing more lately and they say year 2 on Propecia is supposed to be the best. I hopeful that things will get better soon.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
camo,
are you sure you went from NW1.5 to NW3? or are you diffusing in NW3 pattern?
Pictures will help as you might be over estimating your baldness.
If you are seriously NW3, then try to include minoxidil. If regular minoxidil gives you irritation, try low ppg minoxidil from Dr. Lee (http://www.xandrox.com)

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof,

After taking a closer look all around I am starting to diffuse into a NW3 pattern. After seeing my derm a few months ago I was advised I am now a NW2. I also notice that my loss on top as well is in a diffuse pattern. I think I will add Dr. Lee's miox since I did not fair well with the regular.

Cheers

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
camobear777 said:
The greatest amount of my hair loss while on Propecia has been my hairline. On the start of my treatment I was about a NW1.5ish. and now after about 15months into treatment I am on my way to a NW3. I tried Miox for the hair line but had a bad reaction and ended up with bumps all over my scalp:( I am losing more lately and they say year 2 on Propecia is supposed to be the best. I hopeful that things will get better soon.

sounds like the exact same situation as me. how long are you going to wait till you decide whether propecia will work for you?

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Bro I am gona give it to at least the end of the year. Once I reach a NW3 I have decided that I will discontinue treatment. It has been good over all but lately things are not going as well in the hair line area. Also I have thinned out a fair amount more on top. How much more time do you think you will give it? I am hoping that this year will get better but it just seems like it is losing its steam.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
im not sure if im going to stay on it much longer. i havent noticed any sign that it is working over the past year so i dont know if it's worth continuing. i have a dermatologist appointment next week so i'll see what he recommends.

did you notice any results at all in the last year? or has it not had any effect?

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Kosmo, when I first started back in Dec04 my hair was much better. I started seeing a decline especially in the hair line area July of last year. At that time I was around a NW2. I am starting to diffuse now into a NW3. I was hopeful that I would maintain but I am slowly thinning out more lately. I need to see a Dermatologist too and find out what's going on and if there is anything else I can do.

MJT82

Reaction score
Wow you guys are sure troopers with Propecia. I would give it a year max to see some results personally, if you can't see at least "some" positive signs by then I'd say its not worth it.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been taking propecia for 18 months approximately. And like you started at about 1.5 and now am diffusing the 3 pattern. overall top is thinner than the sides. I did quit finasteride for about 2 months straight starting in late november. i noticed that the sides of my hair getting thinner. Since coming back on they seem to have gotten thicker. But my goddamn top is still diffues and my temples are still jacked.... thinking about spironolactone and dutasteride...ive been off and on minoxidil and it has been causing water retention in my face...arghhhh