"NR-07"Ever tried it? Have you tried othr growth treatments?

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems my time on Spectral DNC-L may be coming to end, as it is now causing persistent irritation and itching no matter how miniscule of an amount that I use.

So now I'm looking for another growth treatment, and came across "NR-07", which claims to be even better:

http://www.aikenskincare.us/index.php?m ... cts_id=415

Has anyone here tried NR-07? What was your experience like?

Could anyone suggest to me any other growth stimulants that have worked for them that might be easier on my scalp and hairline?

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Also I'm wondering is there a way to compare and contrast alcohol content in these growth stimulants? I believe the alcohol base is what's causing my scalp irritation and I'd hate to go from Spectral DNC-L to something that causes even more irritation. But they never seem to reveal how much alcohol is in the product.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
wow that looks good. nice ingredients. Has azealic acid which spectral DNC does not. I might buy instead

grove12345

Reaction score
wow good find i want to see more reviews about it.

but would the acids cause more irratiation than alcohol?

plus one reason i dont use Spectral is the yellow liquid stain.

so what about this guy?

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
The acid will cause some irritation to most individuals but will subside after consistent use unless you have sensitive skin. Also keep in mind this acid has been reported to also lighten the skin on the application spots.

Most people will not notice the skin lightening but if you have a darker skin tone it could be some what visible.

If you are experiencing irritation already then I would not recommend going to a product like this. You first should consider the options of whats causing your irritation be it the alcohol or ppg as a lot of people have irritation of the use of ppg with increased irritation the longer they use products that contain it.

Just some words for though

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Darn. I was hopeful about this product too.

Have you any advice for a product I could use then? I've stopped using Spectral DNC-L for many days at a time, and I use much less now, but nothing seems to help: it still causes irritation.

Btw what is "ppg"?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
ppg = propylene glycol (transportvehicle)
glycerine = ppg replacer (less irritating for the scalp)
alcohol is in all the minoxidils to keep them liquid

normally there is less alcohol in spectral dnc sinds they use minoxidil sulfate that is more water based , strange that you get irritation...

polaris nr 7 i use also for about a month now...
its green-yellow minoxidil , you hair gets a bit hard when it dryes up , on your scalp you feel a thin sticky film , but combing your hair a bit can help

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Well keep us updated as to how the polaris nr-07 works for you.

Btw have ever experienced any bad irritation with it?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
nope no irritation , but i have a verry good skin on my scalp , did lots of topicals without irritation...

grove12345

Reaction score
i had a old bottle of DNC, and i applied it to my Rogaine irritated scalp. No more itchiness after one day. WOW. Too bad i hate having a yellow scalp.

So how does nr07 look on the scalp?
whats up with the recall?

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a recall???!!

Uh-oh.

nr-07 looks almost unnoticeable on the scalp from my experience. But also btw Wesley have you noticed the spray applicator is a real pain in the a**? What a jip!

RIght now I am getting some mild irritation from the nr-07 but I can only hope and pray that it soon fades....

What's up with that recall?

mikemass

Reaction score
I've been using NR-07 for almost 6 months now. I only use it at night. I started out using it during the day but someone noticed a greenish streak on my temple. I hadn't noticed it and thought it was completely rubbed in. So I switched to nighttime use.

I'm a diffuse thinner and have noticed the thinning has worsened over the past few months. I don't attribute this necessarily to NR-07 being ineffective since I've also been taking a medication that boosts my testosterone levels since November.

I haven't heard anything about a recall. In fact, I just ordered a batch of 3 boxes of NR-07 from Folica.

Mike M.

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
I gotta say thus far I'm dissapointed with the nr-07 compared to the Spectral DNC-L.... Both are causing me same amounts of irritation, but the nr-07 "spray" applicator is more like a "jet-stream" applicator. It pretty much squirts a super-sonic filament of liquid directly at your head, at which point it will start dripping across your face and you must frantically catch the droplets and collect them about your hairline.

However gotta say the color is much less noticeable than the DNC-L.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i screw the spray applicator off the bottle
and use a pipet to extract 1ml off the bottle and apply it on my scalp
yep its yellow/green the polaris nr 7