Now that I have Propecia, should I use it

AquaNet

Reaction score
I have been on minoxidil Foam now for 3 months, and minoxidil liquid for 1 month when I started back in Jan 23, so 4 months on while using nizoral 2% 3 days a week.

I just got a RX for Propecia from the dr and I am excited but should I wait or start using it now. Ive read on here that One should be applied first for better results and the other way around could cause more thinning and neg affects but I don't remember if it is minoxidil then propecia or propecia then minoxidil.

How bad are the ED problems as for the side effects, I am in a relationship right now and don't want to cause problems with that.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People generally advise that you take finasteride alone for a period first so that you can assess its effects seperately but now that you've already started minoxidil you might as well jump in with both feet.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
As far as the ED is concerned. I would take the drug if you want to and at the first sign of problems inform her/him of what is happening and it may settle down and if not just quit or lower the dose. That is what I had to do.

AquaNet

Reaction score
Yea, she doesn't even know I am treating my hair with minoxidil right now but if I use the propecia, ill let her know if it is causing problems.

AquaNet

Reaction score
propecia.jpg

Btw, like I said above I am getting this through a normal US pharmacy and is this the right stuff [listed above]

I pay 60.00 for 30 1mg pills, is it allright to cut these into halfs and take 0.5mg a day.

I still have not taken any yet scared of even more shedding.. I have been on minoxidil foam now for 84 days and feel like I have not had any regrowth and you can check out my post with all the pix of my hair starting back from jan-april in the shedding forum

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not just wait to see if you have problems at 1mg?

If you really want to cut down to 0.5mg, cut one pill per two days. I don't recall the effectiveness curve for lower doses, but I'm sure there's a graph somewhere on the forums.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AquaNet said:
I have been on minoxidil Foam now for 3 months, and minoxidil liquid for 1 month when I started back in Jan 23, so 4 months on while using nizoral 2% 3 days a week.

I just got a RX for Propecia from the dr and I am excited but should I wait or start using it now. Ive read on here that One should be applied first for better results and the other way around could cause more thinning and neg affects but I don't remember if it is minoxidil then propecia or propecia then minoxidil.

How bad are the ED problems as for the side effects, I am in a relationship right now and don't want to cause problems with that.

No you should probably wait until youre bald before starting to take them...... :D

AquaNet

Reaction score
I thought that ppl were taking 0.5mg of it, why I thought it was ok..

I wanted to have some regrowth from the minoxidil first before taking them, I was told this by someone else a while back cause it can create a even bigger shed ... im sooo confused ....