nothingness's Story

nothingness

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just thought I'd share my story with you. 1 year ago I had pretty severe thinning and recessions in the temples and very thin around crown. I used to keep the hair to about a number 4 shaved and wear mane spray. At this stage I'd stopped using propecia and regaine intermittently after 2 or 3 years due to itching and lack of reults. 3 mths and 2 days ago, after substantial research, I went for some hair replacement (i.e. hair club, advanced hair studio). After just 3 mths of wearing 3 different units from a company in the UK I've shaved everything off to the bone. I won't bore you all with the advantages and disadvantages of the hair replacement but surprisingly few people noticed and those that did thought it was great but it wasn't for me.

Got to admit that I don't look great now as I had to shave it shorter than a grade one and I'm as pale as can be so off to the sunbeds! Also got to admit that my girlfriend prefers me with hair and we get married next month!

Anyone got any tips of how best to get into great shape, put on some muscle / size and whilst maintaining what little hair that I have left? I'm keen to keep what little hair I have left by taking supplements such as propecia / regaine but I'd also like to look at supplements to help me build a bit of muscle. Is there any truth that they seem to cancel each other out - i.e. if I take creatine and try to build up it'll increase the chances of losing more of my own hair?

Any feedback, would be much appreciated. By the way, if I start propecia / proscar now am I likely to suffer shedding within the first four weeks? I'm thinking of starting on a regime (I currently take nothing) of multi-vitamin per day, proscar, regaine and maybe folligen to soothe the scalp. Unlike most of you guys I'm only 30 but have pretty severe balding all over the male pattern baldness areas. I'm talking well up the norwood scale. However, on close inspection there's a fair amount of fine hairs that could still have some life in them yet!!

In a nutshell, I'd be really chuffed to keep what I have left and maybe add a bit of thickness to the hairs. Also looking to have some regrowth from where the hair replacement damaged my own hair.

Questions - do u ever get shedding for the 1st mth of using regaine as I'm keen not to lose anymore before the big day? I know u can shed using proscar so may delay using it for a mth. Also, anyone got any tips or know of any products to make the shaved hair look slightly thicker - can't quite get away with mane spray as it leaves brown patches on my scalp.

Finally, what's the best place to buy proscar, regaine, nizoral and folligen?

Thanks in advance

G

At this stage I'd stopped using propecia and regaine intermittently after 2 or 3 years due to itching and lack of reults.
I'm thinking of starting on a regime (I currently take nothing) of multi-vitamin per day, proscar, regaine and maybe folligen to soothe the scalp.
You don’t mention Nizoral, this used every third day will help, maybe this and Propecia is all you need to maintain.

Distressed

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
you got the right idea, being bald with a tan and nice body is much better than being bald with a pale scrawny body!

I heard about the creatine thing too that it possibly causes hairloss...not sure how much truth there is in it, but I decided not to take it, mainly because there is no need.

If you want to get a nice body you just have to workout hard and eat properly, don't bother with the creatine. Make sure you are eating a lot of protein and carbs, and working out 3 times a week.

There are plenty of websites about the place with advice on nutrition and weight training.

Personally, I am taking finasteride at the moment because I am losing my hair rapidly, I am also working out a lot to get a nice body. Luckily I am fairly dark skinned so don't ahve to worry too much about a tan :)

good luck

Petchsky

Reaction score
To me, it sounds as if you should get on proscar, and look in to getting a good hair transplant

Vampa

Reaction score
If you're really interested in getting into shape, I'd totally recommend this guy's book (well, this is the website with a general overview...buy the book too of the same name).

http://www.bodyforlife.com/

Anyone I've known who did it seriously got into better shape after several weeks. I did too, but then got lazy. If you're serious, though, then this is a great workout program.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Re: From thinning to full head of hair to nearly bald in 1 y

You've got to be really committed to use minoxidil twice a day for the foreseeable future so don't get on it unless you're certain that you can fit it into your lifestyle. If you do go down the minoxidil path then you could do worse than minoxidilshop.com - the Kirkland brand minoxidil is cheap as chips.
Now taking Proscar is nice and simple (and won't cause a shed within a few weeks) and QHI.co.uk are a cheap and reputable source for it - place your order and then they'll send you a disclaimer form to fill out and post/fax back to them before they dispatch the goods.

Slarti