Not quite sure if this is true. We will see.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I talked to a manager of a hair replacement company called images International. I asked her what I could do being in a bind for hair as most of my systems are on backorder because of covid. She tells me that after putting time and effort into finding a good Factory that she can order a custom from this company located in Florida and the turnaround time has been 5 to 6 weeks. I find that hard to believe. Any thoughts out there?

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it depends on what base you order. Poly base might have a quicker turn around time. I checked with my supplier the other day, they can get a custom poly unit in about 3 months. I fear that if they try to rush a custom order, quality might be compromised.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She could be referring to Hollywood Lace, they are the most prominent hairpiece company in Florida and were one of the first to resume accepting custom orders after the pandemic.

I just got a custom piece direct from a Chinese factory, they also quoted a 6 week turnaround time when i placed the order but it took 13-14 weeks.

With the Chinese New Year in a few days, I would expect an order placed today to take longer.

If you go ahead with this I would suggest you anticipate a turnaround of 3+ months with a possibility of being pleasantly surprised if you get it sooner.

I agree with @Rijad that this is not the time to rush order.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They aint no makers I know of in Florida, only sellers you can buy from direct like Hollywood Lace.

I do not know of any truly custom piece in 5 or 6 weeks. It most likely something off the shelf tweaked a bit - that is not custom and shouldn't be sold as such.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree. This back order stuff is putting a lot of us in a bind. I feel bad for the guys that are wearing but have no back ups. What do you do go back to being bald or wear a shabby old piece?
The quality of a system can definitely suffer if rushed. I ran into that with Hair Direct. They were sending out some "unacceptable " systems.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree. This back order stuff is putting a lot of us in a bind. I feel bad for the guys that are wearing but have no back ups. What do you do go back to being bald or wear a shabby old piece?
The quality of a system can definitely suffer if rushed. I ran into that with Hair Direct. They were sending out some "unacceptable " systems.
That is also one of the reasons I do not really want to do custom. Wait time is so unpredictable. Maybe I can order a stock and a custom unit at the same time... If custom order cannot get back to me quick enough, at least I still have a stock unit as a backup. For me using an old piece is a big no...

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stock is out of the question for me. I wear a full cap.Unless someone knows differently?