not EXACTLy a success story but...

jeffsss

Reaction score
it seems like i'm losing less hair.

I still lose the normal 20-30 hairs in the shower.. and i need to be put to sleep for couting them daily..

and my hair line and temples are suffering big time..

but a couple months ago i could just do a tug on my hair and get a couple.. now i can run my fingers though my (thin) hair and almost none come out.

it's obvious that i'm still losing hair, and I think of it like this...

say i had 150,000 hairs.. and i'd lose 150 a day.... now i have 100,000 hairs and lose 50 or so a day!? so less % but still a lot more than acceptable.

I'm sure you guys remember how freaked out I was about hairloss.. and dont get me wrong.. i'm still very very unhappy about having to just comb my hair forward instead of making it spikey and fun..

but after my apendix ruputured november 30th.. then i had complications and almost died.. then ended up in the hospital for 16 days.. you realize that there IS more to life than hair..

hell, almost every doctor that came in the room had less hair.. it hurt to laugh so i couldnt.. but it just goes to show you that there are lots of people out there just like us.

i know hair loss sucks.. trust me. i still think about it almost all day. but people will like you for who you are. not so much what you look like.

stick to your reginimes.. maybe mine is starting to work??? i'm not sure.. but think positive. I've been thinking negative WAY too long.. damn.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Fantastic man! You're doing great - both in mind and body. Glad to see it - things will improve even more over time...just keep the faith and when that little voice inside starts you thinking about your hair, punch it's f'ing lights out. You're on the road to recovery in many ways. Congrats.

Britannia

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
say i had 150,000 hairs.. and i'd lose 150 a day.... now i have 100,000 hairs and lose 50 or so a day!? so less % but still a lot more than acceptable.

jeffsss these comedy interludes you provide on this forum really make my day. Keep up the good work mate.

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
At least we now know where you got to. There was some worry when you suddenly stopped posting.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Weepy said:
Have you noticed any "fringe" hairs along the hairline?

yes the hairs are "fringey" but it's not regrown hairs.. it's the hairs i have left up there..

Britannia

Reaction score
mattj said:
At least we now know where you got to. There was some worry when you suddenly stopped posting.

Very true. Group hug?