not a new study but question I thought YOU guys could answer, here

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a topical minoxidil 10%/finasteride 1% solution. I really like it but it seems the last few bottles seem to crystallize. I know its the minoxidil as snooping has lead me to see after 5% it becomes slightly unstable and harder to keep liquefied.
Well I got tired of this and the last bottle when it reached towards the end I did an experiment and slightly warmed the bottle over a SMALL flame. As soon as I noticed steam, which I figured was the alcohol burning off since I could still technically hold the bottle in my hand, I stopped and shook it vigorously. The crystals disintegrated and did not come back for the rest of the bottle.

I tried to find any info on heating minoxidil and maybe its temp ranges but had no luck. Well I got my new bottle and already noticed crystals. The company has no problem swapping the bottles but it seems they cant get the mix well enough and then I Have to wait between bottles while they ship.

Anyone here know whether warming the bottle a tiny bit again if the crystals get out of hand will overly affect the minoxidil or finasteride in the bottle? It comes with a spray head but when these form I swap that out for an eye dropper but just feel like all those crystals are just wasted minoxidil.

I know its said that your body only utilizes up to 5%, then I read in reality if its 5% you maybe get 1% out of that regardless but I still want as much as possible.

Thanks