Noob Here: Thinking Of Transplant, Any Recommendations?

weedkill3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to all of this transplant tech.

SO, I'm 37 year old male. My thinning began in 2010. I tried generic Propecia tablets but had horrible side effects (extreme rash and joint pain).

Now I use Kirkland Signature minoxidil. I may try topical Propecia
WIN_20181028_11_30_43_Pro (2).jpg
WIN_20181028_12_06_32_Pro (2).jpg
WIN_20181028_12_06_32_Pro (2).jpg
with Minoxidil, hopefully topical wont react like the tables did.

Anyway, looking at my photos, what procedure would you folks recommend and Dr.

Now, I live in the Bay Area.

But I do travel to India, Canada, and Turkey.

Any recommendations for each country would be great.

Most likely if I did decide to do this it would be Canada or USA.

Oh, I know with Lasik, some Drs offer 0% financing, do hair transplant Drs offer this?

thank you all.

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to all of this transplant tech.

SO, I'm 37 year old male. My thinning began in 2010. I tried generic Propecia tablets but had horrible side effects (extreme rash and joint pain).

Now I use Kirkland Signature minoxidil. I may try topical PropeciaView attachment 103036 View attachment 103037 View attachment 103037 with Minoxidil, hopefully topical wont react like the tables did.

Anyway, looking at my photos, what procedure would you folks recommend and Dr.

Now, I live in the Bay Area.

But I do travel to India, Canada, and Turkey.

Any recommendations for each country would be great.

Most likely if I did decide to do this it would be Canada or USA.

Oh, I know with Lasik, some Drs offer 0% financing, do hair transplant Drs offer this?

thank you all.
No propecia? No transplant.

weedkill3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow. I had no idea Propecia was needed for hair transplant.

Yeah, My Dr. gave me 0.25 mg of generic Propecia and within three weeks I had a very nasty rash and joint pain. SO I had to stop...unfortunately.

aa-vh

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before going for Hair Transplant, you must know something about it. In hair transplant firstly the area where hair is to be transplanted that area is being marked with a marker. Then the hair are being extracted with their intact root hair follicle from the back of the head(donor area) and are implanted in the recipient area. Hair are always extracted from the back of the head because the effect of DHT hormone on this area of the head is nil. Nowadays, two methods are available for hair transplant:-
1. FUT
2. FUE

So just consult with a hair expert, that will tell you what will be better for you. You have to be more choosy while selecting the hair clinic. This will affect your hair transplantation.

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds odd that you had joint pain after taking Propecia. Joint pain is commonly caused by low Estrogen levels. However, Propecia would normally have the opposite effect with regards to Estrogen levels - an increase due to less testosterone being converted to DHT (hence guys complaining of Gynocomastia). Coincidentally, low estrogen can also show up on your skin.

Are you sure that there wasn't something else going on at the time that may have caused your Estrogen levels to drop ? I would definitely try Propecia again. But speak to your doctor first (I am not one by the way) to see if you can pinpoint any other reason for the issues you experienced.

Supplemetns you may want to consider for joints are MSM and/or Glucosamine/Chondroitin from any health/fitness shop.

Drink lots of water too. That's just standard advice for anyone (propecia or no propecia).