(NO) supplements help regrowth??

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, I think I've posted this before somewhere but never got a response... I'll keep the questions short and sweet;

I use L-Arginine supplements to help me in the gym and with general and sexual health.

L-Arginine supplements enable the body to produce excess nitric oxide (NO), a vasodilator, which is the reason for its benefits.

Minoxidil contains the same chemical structure of nitric oxide (NO) and was originally used as a vasodilator before its hair regrowth properties became apparent.

My questions are: Does supplementing with nitric oxide (L-Arginine) have a positive effect on regrowth? Does taking Arginine complement or enhance the effect of topical minoxidil?

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Might help a little but I doubt it. Eat some cocoa powder.

What does cocoa powder do in regards to treating hairloss?

I have found several web publications stating that arginine can help increase hair growth... Not too sure on the validity of these claims though, as I can't seem to find any proper study or research results. As a treatment it has not received FDA approval yet.

Here's one of the publications I came across. Doesn't really go into much detail though.

http://www.hairlossinfosource.com/arginine.html

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Cocoa dramatically increases nitrous oxide levels...better than popping a ariginine pills, also get all those anti-oxidant effects...

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Cocoa dramatically increases nitrous oxide levels...better than popping a ariginine pills, also get all those anti-oxidant effects...

Well, consider it added to my "new" regimen *lol*

What sort of dosages are we talking? Like 1 tsp per day or something?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Most studies with cocoa I've seen have used a couple of tablespoons. Drink a pure cocoa shake before doing cardio sometime...you'll really feel the effect.