no solution for itch-itch-ITCHING

Baldude

Reaction score
Hi, so now that I'm back on minoxidil it started itching right from the beginning (i stopped before, after about a month and a half when it started itching and I was out of Nizoral).
Now I'm applying Nizoral once every 3 days, and that's about the only time I shampoo my hair. sometimes i use a normal shampoo before the nizoral. Now it's itching like craaaazy and I don't know what to do. I'm also on daily Proscar 5ths.
sooo...do you guys shampoo EVERYDAY? what should I shampoo with? just any dandruff shampoo? and do you use it before applying nizoral? Ahh I feel like I'm not just about to lose the hair at the front, I'm gonna scratch my scalp off!
Thanks for any advice.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Switch to the Rogaine Foam and possibly begin using a shampoo containing Tea Tree Oil, I use this combo and never have any itching or irritation, and I am also using Retin-A, which should make it worse.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you must see a dermatologist for the itch your scalp may be inflamed and could cause hair loss . my Doctor gave me a shampoo with tar sal acid and sulphur and it works great.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, see a doctor, although ive only been on treatments a short time, ive experienced no itching whatsoever from rogaine foam and nizoral 1%. I just use nizoral every 3 days and dont use any other shampoo.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Useee the foaaammmmm. Been on it 2 weeks so far.. no shedding, no itching, no health probs, dries fast, applies in under 1 min, doesn't stink... need i say more?

Baldude

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys...
I might give the foam a try. The thing is that I'm using Kirkland minoxidil cause its so cheap, and im not sure i can afford paying much more than that. Theres no generic minoxidil foam on the market yet, right?
Yea and i'll go see a Doctor once i renew my health insurance... not in my best period Im afraid... :?

G

You might also use a very mild shampoo. I personally prefer a Baby Shampoo or a Nettle Cream shampoo. It might also been possible that Nizoral makes your itching worse so you might stop nizoral for a few days and see whether your itching gets better or not.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to be washing your hair daily, this will cure your itch. Use TGel or something of the sort on your non-Nizoral days.