Nizoral FYI

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
For almost a year, I had been using Nizoral on Mon. Wed. and Fri.
No results.

Then, I took a break and now use Nizoral maybe once a week.

I have noticed that my hair feels healthier. It is more plyable, fuller, and I don't wear a hat anymore.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed similar results? I know the bottle says its should only be used for a few weeks.

dek

Reaction score
but after that it should be used every 3-4 days, not every other day. Maybe that is why your hair suffers, you are using it more frequently than recomended.

viperfish

Reaction score
I honestly hate nizoral. Probably, will never use it again. It makes my hair look terrible. Everytime I use it my hair looks greasy and thin. I'm done with it.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
using nizoral everyother day should not hurt you. it just fries your hair. use a good conditioner after nizoral. it will make a big difference.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I didnt expect much from Nizoral, but HairLossTalk.com in general seems to love it.
"Part of every regimen..." etc.

Anyway, yeah, it fried the crap outa my hair. Didnt realize how bad it was until I stopped using it frequently. Also, I've noticed that my hair looks better if I dont shampoo daily. Sometimes I skip a day here and there. Makes a big difference to let the natural oils do their thing I guess.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I use it every other day, makes my hair scalp feel clean, and hair feel thicker...

G

Nizoral is not supposed to be overused for a long period of time. In the instructions it says after 3-4 weeks of using it for every 3 days, to cut the dose to once a week or two to control dandruff.

SE-freak

Reaction score
s1m0n said:
Nizoral is not supposed to be overused for a long period of time. In the instructions it says after 3-4 weeks of using it for every 3 days, to cut the dose to once a week or two to control dandruff.

We do not use it for dandruff though...