Nizoral Everyday or Every Other Day?

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to use Nizoral everyday rather than every other day? I'm using Propecia and have no scalp irritation when I use Nizoral so would it be better to use Nizoral everyday or is that overkill?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I do 1 day on 2 days off. No need to use it everyday....

stillnotbald

Reaction score
I use it every day. It is my only shampoo.
If you have not used it yet start using it 2 days a week. Increase as needed. For me Nizoral has been highly, highly effective. Using everyday seem to work even better for me. And it is a great shampoo leaving my hair in great condition.

Fran

Reaction score
Fran

this is a question for stillnotbald:

You say that nizoral has worked really good for you. Can you explain it better? It´s that my problem is temples and scalp irritation.I´m using t-gel but I think it´s not enough,so i´m starting with nizoral in one week time.Did you have irritation scalp too?have any hair grown since you use it?thanks and sorry for my english

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
NO MORE THEN THREE TIMES A WEEK.

stillnotbald

Reaction score
Fran, I think Nizoral not only has completely stopped scalp irritation and flaking but it has also reduced my hairloss over the entire scalp.

Now, finasteride (I use Proscar) is the king and the most important but Nizoral has helped without a doubt in my opinion.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
In the Nizoral studies on this website, the subjects used Nizoral 2-4 times a week, and did not shampoo on the other days.
I would say 4 times a week is probably all your hair could handle, and you should consider not shampooing on the other days.
The stuff will dry out your hair. If you've got really short hair, and your scalp shows no ill effects, you could maybe take it to five days a week, but that might really be pushing it.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't use it everday unless you have some serious sh*t going on. Every other day is the most should be using it, or else you may create a scalp condition in which Nizoral can't be used at all. I learned my lesson by using too much. Now I only use it here and there for maintenence. 2 times a week pretty much. Nizoral is the real deal. it's good stuff.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I like Nizoral too. The chemical in Nizoral is a very powerful anti-fungal which might not be too good for you if overused. Keep in mind that the labeled instructions for Nizoral 1% say to only use it 3-4 times a week, and 2% Nizoral requires a prescription. This is not lemonade, folks. It is a serious medicine that should be used according to the directions.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
conditioner

Always, always use conditioner when you are using Nizoral...

you might wanna wash your hair in the morning with Nizoral and use conditioner at night....

Nizoral really drys your hair up big time..