Nizerol 2%

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Every one should keep in mind that the packeging insert in the US says that a side effect of this shampoo is hair loss!!!!!!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
pretty old post but does anyone have any info or opinions on this?

Ende

Reaction score
It's listed as a side effect. Nizoral is known to increase the amount of anagen hairs over the treatment period, so it's a consequence. It obviously interrupts a phase in the natural hair cycle.

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I had a pharmacist look up the studies once, and he told me they were all 3x a week or something

possibly if you use it everyday, it may cause hairloss?

I'm using it everyday, I'm not keeping any ground.

CCS

Reaction score
I use it every day, and I love it. I used to use it 3x a week, but every day feels better.

I would use Lee's 2% if I had more money. The 1% is cheap and good enough.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
I use it every day, and I love it. I used to use it 3x a week, but every day feels better.

I would use Lee's 2% if I had more money. The 1% is cheap and good enough.

CCS how has it been working for you since you started using it? I just started 1% every third day and I'm not sure what to expect (in addition to the Rogaine I use 2x a day). Been thinking about going up every other day as my hair is very fine and oily (always has been) and I'm not necessarily worried about it drying out.

bearbear

Reaction score
hmm, i've been using it everyday for about 1.5 months.... based on the japanese study and a couple other instances i figured it couldn't hurt. In regards to fallout i guess i've assumed that you would shed until you got on a schedule with it (then gain back stronger). anyone else been using everyday for a longer period? it doesn't seem to fry my hair or anything.

this stuff is so confusing. every thread about it seems to point to different advice.