Nizarol 1% or 2%?

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Friends,
I've been using 1% nizoral 2x a week. I learnt that nizoral is available in 2%. Which is better ? Where can I get 2%?
Thanks

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Private Ryan for your quick reply. I went thru the article and looks like nizoral has some gud hair thickening properties. Its not really clear whether 1% and 2% are same or 2% is better. Iam assuming 2% would be gud. But to buy nizoral 2% do we need a precription ? basically how do we buy 2%?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
2% requires a prescription-

It really dries my scalp up a lot, but I get the feeling that it works just a little bit better at anti-inflammation.

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Is this a US site? I saw the manufacturer name is different ..do know its genunie prod and safe site?

powersam

Reaction score
word to whoevers mother that this is in experimental forum. i think its a bit misleading that people include nizoral in the "big three". it has about as much/little evidence supporting it as Zix an wheres my hair now you lemon squeezing powder freakin b****s

powersam

Reaction score
sorry dont know if you remember about it, but this dude called waseda? got everyone in a stir because he claimed he grew all his hair back by putting zinc on his head then squeezing a lemon on it. said the resultant reaction totally neutralized dht etc. wasnt on this forum though i think. i just think its funny what people will try if someone claims emphatically enough that it grew their hair back

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree powersam. Most of the stuff that I include on my regimen has scientific backing of it in one way shape or form. I think a lot of people jump into things without researching it themselves.

Here is your study for Nizoral. Once again, p450 may not be one of the culprits in your respective hair loss.

Human hair follicle benzo[a]pyrene and benzo[a]pyrene 7,8-diol metabolism: effect of exposure to a coal tar-containing shampoo.

Merk HF, Mukhtar H, Kaufmann I, Das M, Bickers DR.

Assay systems for the evaluation of carcinogen interaction with human tissues are essential for assessing cancer risk. Hair follicles are a readily available source of human epithelial tissue and offer an excellent system with which to study carcinogen metabolism in human populations. In this study freshly plucked human hair follicles were employed to measure the metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene (BP), benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol (BP 7,8-diol), and the enzyme-mediated binding of [3H]-BP to DNA. The effect of human exposure to a crude coal tar (CCT)-containing shampoo, a preparation rich in polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), on these parameters was also evaluated. Twelve healthy volunteers were studied before and after shampooing their hair daily for 4 days with the CCT-containing shampoo. Wide interindividual variation was observed in basal cytochrome P-450-dependent aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase (AHH) activity which ranged from 0.6-17.6 fmol water-soluble BP metabolites/h/hair follicle (mean +/- SE of 32 individuals was 9.7 +/- 0.9). After use of the shampoo for 4 days AHH activity increased in 10 of the 12 volunteers (50-148%) and enhancement of enzyme-mediated binding of BP to DNA was detected in most subjects. Hair follicles were shown to convert BP to several metabolic species including BP 7,8-diol, a major precursor of the ultimate carcinogenic metabolite of BP. Benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol itself was also metabolized by the human hair follicles in this system. Clotrimazole, a known inhibitor of the metabolism of BP as well as the carcinogenicity of the hydrocarbon in rodent skin, was found to inhibit AHH and the in vitro metabolism of BP and BP 7,8-diol in human hair follicles. Oral administration of a similar antifungal imidazole, ketoconazole at a dose of 200 mg daily for 5 days, to healthy volunteers also resulted in greater than 90% inhibition of hair follicle AHH activity. These studies indicate that hair follicles represent an accessible tissue suitable for assessing the extent of PAH carcinogen metabolism in human subjects. Furthermore, enzyme activity critical to cancer induction by PAHs was shown to be inducible following the use of a CCT-containing shampoo. This carcinogen-activating enzyme system was substantially inhibited by imidazole compounds, suggesting that they may prove effective as anticarcinogens in human populations.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum