Nightmare getting on finasteride

G

Right, so for the last 3 months I have been fully determined to get on top of my rapidly thinning hair before it all dissapears like my Uncle's has (we have the same hair type so he says).

My main problem is I dont have a credit card to order any finasteride with. I want to go the online route. I am a 24 yr student so wont be accepted for a card (cancelled previous cards- long story) and am really busy with upcoming exams so dont want to be making trips to GPs etc (esp as not guaranteed to give you a prescription).

So looked around and United Pharmacies were able to take cheque or bank transfer. Went to my bank today to get a cheque drawn in US dollars as required - they say 8 weeks plus charges. I then ask about the tranfer option and the charges add like £10 per order I would make. Outrageous.

Tearing what little hair I have left out over this. Any ideas anyone

Please help
-Greg

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gjc1982 said:
Right, so for the last 3 months I have been fully determined to get on top of my rapidly thinning hair before it all dissapears like my Uncle's has (we have the same hair type so he says).

My main problem is I dont have a credit card to order any finasteride with. I want to go the online route. I am a 24 yr student so wont be accepted for a card (cancelled previous cards- long story) and am really busy with upcoming exams so dont want to be making trips to GPs etc (esp as not guaranteed to give you a prescription).

So looked around and United Pharmacies were able to take cheque or bank transfer. Went to my bank today to get a cheque drawn in US dollars as required - they say 8 weeks plus charges. I then ask about the tranfer option and the charges add like £10 per order I would make. Outrageous.

Tearing what little hair I have left out over this. Any ideas anyone

Please help
-Greg

1. In America there are these prepaid bank cards you can get.

2. Ask a relative for help. Give them money use their card

3. get a subscription from a doctor and buy locally

4. Open a bank account and use your bank account card

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah man, at 24 you should have a credit card anyways, just don't use it much and it will help you build better credit.

i would really recommend going to your family doctor or a dermatologist, they can likely perscibe finasteride for you.

G

Thanks for the tips so far

I am in the UK so cannot use the US tips

I also have previously had credit cards but cleared them and cancelled them as felt the debts were beginning to run away from me.

Guess I should have kept them - as a post-graduate student with no income I dont see a work around at the moment.

Which is worrying

-Greg

bluebeast

Reaction score
The prepaid debit cards are awesome. I have no credit Card and can't get one..

check out 'Netspend'... prepaid Visa debit cards... they work just like a credit card (except your limited by your funds) and theyre backed by Visa ... so they work just about anywhere... perfect for online purchasing!

Won't hurt to check it out... i got mine at the local 'Money Store/check cashing' place. I ordered Fincar from inhose pharmacies that way.

G

Thanks but I have looked on the site and it all appears to work through the US - I have never heard of them and I am based in the UK.

It is incredibly frustrating because I literally feel I am loosing time here, I want to do something about it but just several circumstances are combining meaning I cant. I can get to a doctor at the end of Feb but no earlier and If I wanted to apply for a student credit card I would almost certainly get rejected because I have a graduate account (long story). I am not earning until Sept.

My hair is really thin on the Crown. and it worrys me a lot.

-Greg

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you can write out a cheque I can put you in contact with the doctor that I get mine from.

G

That would be excellent - I can certainly write cheques and have the funds. Otherwise I would be looking at late Summer possibly.

Let me know what to do.

Thank you for your help

-Greg