Newbie Propecia Cost Question

Sean_John

Reaction score
Hello,
I am 23 years old and am thinking about getting on Propecia. I am still in college and I have insurance thru the university. I was wondering if insurance covers any cost of Propecia. I have reached a NW2, and I need to get on this as soon as possible. I just can't really afford it right now on a continous basis. So i was just wondering is insurance covers any of the cost.
The good thing is that I am graduating this June, and I have a job set up, so I will be able to afford Propecia after June. Thanks.

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not likely that any insurance would cover the cost of Propecia as this ailment you are attempting to treat is considered to be "cosmetic". For example, my insurance did not cover my Lasik eye surgery...but they do cover the cost of eye exams and glasses/contact lenses. The insurance would cover the cost of finasteride if it was prescibed by a Doctor for treatment of enlarged Prostrate, but probably not for treatment of hair loss. Good luck.

willuga

Reaction score
Nah, they won't pay, at least most I know won't especially if you're still under yourparetns plan. hope it helps!

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
With Proscar you might be able to get away with it.. Propecia you can forget about it!

uratramp1

Reaction score
Sean_John said:
The good thing is that I am graduating this June, and I have a job set up, so I will be able to afford Propecia after June. Thanks.

M8, obviously don't know your financial position - perhaps you get your pay check in july? - starting propecia in 3 months times, in my OPINION will not significantly, adversely effect your battle with male pattern baldness....BTW - I have been on finasteride (generic propecia), for 10 months now - i am 24, and have a full-head of hair, STILL....etc, etc....Good Luck! :)