New Zealander Thinking Of Going To Turkey For A Hair Transplant. Recommendations

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Im a Kiwi living in New Zealand and Im thinking about going to Turkey
for a hair transplant later in the year. I'm a norwood 5 and Im 50 years old.
Ive been doing my research on this form and other for the past few months and I think Ive settled on a couple of Doctors and clinics who I think
will be what I am after and I wanted to see what experiences anyone on the forums has had with them good or bad. Both doctors seem like they are hands on.
The two clinics and doctors I'm considering are:
AEK hair clinic with Dr Ali Karadeniz who is offering 5000 Hairs for €2300 for FUE inc hotels, airport transfers
or
Armamed Dr.Erkan Demirsoy who is quoting €1.25 per graft and they are estimating 3500-4000 grafts to the front and crown area.
Does anyone have any opinions on either of them.
Thanks

BaldSpotBarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also considering both of those doctors although I haven't fully researched Demirsoy yet.

As for FUT and FUE, at first I was very opposed to FUT because of the potential bad scarring and experience with past small surgeries with dermatologists to remove cysts which all left pretty bad scars on my arms and legs. After listening to BTT podcasts I'm now reconsidering FUT since it gives way more grafts than FUE. Currently my research is in scar healing and about to start treating some of my arm/leg scars with dermarolling to see if it provides any improvement.

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi baldspotbarry. thanks for your reply. Ive gone and done it now. I had both of them. An FUT and FUE to get maximum grafts. I wet with AEK hair and they were great. Im now at 13 weeks and the hair is starting to grow so Im looking forward to getting a good hairline back.
I went with FUT because i needed to get a lot of grafts and wanted to preserve as much donor supply as possible. Im glad I did as i got 4 times as much hair from the FUT as I did from the FUE the day before.

BaldSpotBarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there is a small mistake here, you can't get four times more hair with FUT than FUE, if the number of grafts is the same, FUT gives you a maximum of four hair each graft and FUE gives you a maximum of 2-3 hair. They are almost the same, the reason why FUT is denser is that hair follicles remain in groups while FUE you have more options to move them anywhere separately. I just wanted to correct that =)

With FUT you get a full strip of hair to use which leaves all of the surrounding area available for either more FUT or an FUE. So in fact you do get more with FUT. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BaldSpotBarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi baldspotbarry. thanks for your reply. Ive gone and done it now. I had both of them. An FUT and FUE to get maximum grafts. I wet with AEK hair and they were great. Im now at 13 weeks and the hair is starting to grow so Im looking forward to getting a good hairline back.
I went with FUT because i needed to get a lot of grafts and wanted to preserve as much donor supply as possible. Im glad I did as i got 4 times as much hair from the FUT as I did from the FUE the day before.

How is the scar looking so far? Did you get staples or did he do Trichophytic closure?