New Yorker Article On Hair Loss Treatments

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nowhere else will you find a better summary of current events in the hairloss world than the information available on this site.

We ARE the bleeding edge in documenting the latest developments, generating leads and sometimes following up.

No point in criticizing the article. They aren't in the know. So what?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't know about RT1640. What's in that besides minoxidil?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyclosporine A (CsA) and RT175, a molecule that up-regulate wnt1 and IGF2.

https://www.rivertowntherapeutics.com/rt1640/

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0042859.html

I see that as a super stronk immuno-suppressive XXL Minoxidil++

Wow the before/after results are what we were assuming Brotzu was supposed to deliver! Just saw an update on Follicle Thought, looks like RiverTown is a long way from making this available. They don't even have enough investors to conduct a Phase 1B study. Just our luck, this compound has the potential to be the most potent treatment ever developed.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nowhere else will you find a better summary of current events in the hairloss world than the information available on this site.

We ARE the bleeding edge in documenting the latest developments, generating leads and sometimes following up.

No point in criticizing the article. They aren't in the know. So what?

I really don't care, but just to play Devil's Advocate for a second - they do get paid specifically to be "in the know." It's kind of the point of journalism.......

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys believe an effective treatment will be available to the public in two years?..i mean they have been advertising another available treatment would be available soon for the last 15 years. #hardtogetmyhopesup

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't care, but just to play Devil's Advocate for a second - they do get paid specifically to be "in the know." It's kind of the point of journalism.......
And hey, in all fairness, they did well for whatever number of days or weeks of research/interviews they spent on this article - they got almost all the important companies.

But we're a bunch of lunatics and some of us have been here for YEARS. Stuff is posted here at the drop of a hat. Next-day news delivery.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What on earth is Xeljanz?

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And hey, in all fairness, they did well for whatever number of days or weeks of research/interviews they spent on this article - they got almost all the important companies.

But we're a bunch of lunatics and some of us have been here for YEARS. Stuff is posted here at the drop of a hat. Next-day news delivery.

They could have done some of their research in this forum. That would have saved them a lot of time with better results.

Pickemslick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Think about what you consider yourself very knowledgeable about. You will find flaws In someone wading into the waters. I’m a professional gambler. So when I read about the subject it seems ignorant since I know the topic so well. We live this stuff they don’t

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...I’m a professional gambler...

image.png

Fascinating. No doubt you know who this is. I take it you drew a bad hand in the hair game. But, at least it couldn't impact your work.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Think about what you consider yourself very knowledgeable about. You will find flaws In someone wading into the waters. I’m a professional gambler. So when I read about the subject it seems ignorant since I know the topic so well. We live this stuff they don’t

Fair enough. Though I think one can be “in the know” without being an expert in a given field. I was really just more speaking to reporting accuracy. I don’t expect these guys to have PHDs in cell biology or anything but that shouldn’t prevent them from being able to compile an accurate/ comprehensive list of relevant doctors and future treatments.

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow the before/after results are what we were assuming Brotzu was supposed to deliver! Just saw an update on Follicle Thought, looks like RiverTown is a long way from making this available. They don't even have enough investors to conduct a Phase 1B study. Just our luck, this compound has the potential to be the most potent treatment ever developed.

You mean the results from the photo with the camera flash and the one without? Yeah, I wouldn’t invest in that either.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you get prescribed cyclosporine for hair loss?

I don't think so, CsA is a strong drug with a well known carcinogenic effect at mid term.

Transplanted patients use it at short term because it drastically increase their post transplant chance of survival.Long term CsA is a dead end, no reputable derm will prescribe it for hairloss