New to the board and have some questions

les_SD_3386

Reaction score
hey everyone just thought id say hi

anyways, to get strait to my point im loosing my hair (duh), but i was doing a google search on the word "finpecia" and this one guys picture came up on this forum, so i checked it out and amazingly he had grown allot of his hair back while taking that.

I started loosing my hair at the age of 16 in highschool but my parents put me on propecia for like a year and i didnt notice anything do to the fact i was wearing a football helmet most days if you know what i mean.

So I stoped taking it by the time i was 17 and slowly but gradually the hair kept falling out until i was 20 and started taking 200mg spironolactone, the spironolactone has helped to stop it from falling out

But my main question is, with me being on the 200mg spironolactone for over a year now, should i give propecia (finpecia) another try?

heres a pic of what my hair loss looks like well, it remained the same since this pic, and i am not completely bald in the back but its almost that way now

sidewinder2.jpg

(thanks, im looking forward to reading the responses)

G

wow, you're using 200mg of spironolactone internally?! Have you noticed any side effects from this????

Interesting. You're not really reducing your DHT levels but you're probably blocking a whole heck of a lot of it from binding to your follicles with the 200mg of spironolactone.

Hmmmm, this is a tricky one, if you haven't had ANY side effects from the spironolactone than I don't know if you should go on finasteride or not? Perhaps you could do a low dosage regimen of finasteride to supplement the spironolactone's androgen receptor blocking?

Well with all the internals aside you should get some topical minoxidil like Rogaine Foam or Spectral DNC (probably do the foam now and use the DNC later if you don't like the results enough from the foam). Then get yourself some Revita Shampoo and use that 5x per week.

les_SD_3386

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
wow, you're using 200mg of spironolactone internally?! Have you noticed any side effects from this????

well ive had allot of side effects from the spironolactone like the loss of muscle mass, slower hair growth and a few other things.

FairTaxNow said:
Interesting. You're not really reducing your DHT levels but you're probably blocking a whole heck of a lot of it from binding to your follicles with the 200mg of spironolactone.

Thats what we want right i mean no binding to my hair at all thats good right?

FairTaxNow said:
Hmmmm, this is a tricky one, if you haven't had ANY side effects from the spironolactone than I don't know if you should go on finasteride or not? Perhaps you could do a low dosage regimen of finasteride to supplement the spironolactone's androgen receptor blocking?

what if i took like 5mg finpecia is that low enough?

FairTaxNow said:
Well with all the internals aside you should get some topical minoxidil like Rogaine Foam or Spectral DNC (probably do the foam now and use the DNC later if you don't like the results enough from the foam). Then get yourself some Revita Shampoo and use that 5x per week.

Thanks for the advice, i also would like to bring up i have tried rogain before but am willing to try it again, the only issue is the price....... and the "if you stop using it, your hair will fall out again". But im not familure with this minoxidil or spectral DNC, ill do some research on it. thanks

G

We don't need 5mg of finasteride for hair loss, 1mg is enough. In fact 0.25mg is about 90% as effective as 1mg.

Look at the research section on the home page and read the finmicro.pdf file about varying doses.

Ok, so then what I'd recommend is lowering the spironolactone and adding in finasteride. Get some generic proscar like fincar (Cipla brand) or Finast (Dr. Reddy brand) and chop this up into 5ths (1mg chunks) or even 1/8ths (0.625mg). I think the conservative dosage of spironolactone people here use internally is 25mg. You could always make a topical spironolactone as well and then maybe you can get off of it completely. Though if you haven't suffered from gyno than maybe just dropping your dosage would eliminate those other side effects you mentioned.

If you've used Rogaine before than you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference with the rogaine foam and it's also very cheap on ebay. I think I've seen 1-year supplies of it there for like $130. The foam dries completely on your head within about a minute and it has a good thickening effect on the hair as well. Even the Spectral DNC dries completely in a couple of minutes but is much more expensive than the foam and doesn't have a good aesthetic effect on the hair.

Certainly you'll have to keep using the minoxidil to keep up its benefits, just like with the pills we pop too, so make sure it's a long term commitment you plan on making with this stuff. There's too many people here who go on it and get disheartened in a 5 months and stop taking this stuff when you have to use it for AT LEAST one year to really see the benefits. Once you start using it I think you'll see that it's something easy to add to your daily routine and will become second nature just like washing your face and brushing your face, which you can say you pretty much HAVE to do forever too.

Good luck.

les_SD_3386

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
We don't need 5mg of finasteride for hair loss, 1mg is enough. In fact 0.25mg is about 90% as effective as 1mg.

Look at the research section on the home page and read the finmicro.pdf file about varying doses.

Ok, so then what I'd recommend is lowering the spironolactone and adding in finasteride. Get some generic proscar like fincar (Cipla brand) or Finast (Dr. Reddy brand) and chop this up into 5ths (1mg chunks) or even 1/8ths (0.625mg). I think the conservative dosage of spironolactone people here use internally is 25mg. You could always make a topical spironolactone as well and then maybe you can get off of it completely. Though if you haven't suffered from gyno than maybe just dropping your dosage would eliminate those other side effects you mentioned.

If you've used Rogaine before than you will see a NIGHT AND DAY difference with the rogaine foam and it's also very cheap on ebay. I think I've seen 1-year supplies of it there for like $130. The foam dries completely on your head within about a minute and it has a good thickening effect on the hair as well. Even the Spectral DNC dries completely in a couple of minutes but is much more expensive than the foam and doesn't have a good aesthetic effect on the hair.

Certainly you'll have to keep using the minoxidil to keep up its benefits, just like with the pills we pop too, so make sure it's a long term commitment you plan on making with this stuff. There's too many people here who go on it and get disheartened in a 5 months and stop taking this stuff when you have to use it for AT LEAST one year to really see the benefits. Once you start using it I think you'll see that it's something easy to add to your daily routine and will become second nature just like washing your face and brushing your face, which you can say you pretty much HAVE to do forever too.

Good luck.

hey thanks so much this is some really good useful info i had no clue about the finpecia 0.25mg is about 90% as effective as 1mg propecia.

again thanks allot!!