New to hair loss treatment

BruceWayne0414

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone! 36 years old and I’ve been thinning in the frontal/mid scalp region for the last couple years. I finally decided to do something about it and was prescribed 1mg finasteride and purchased 5% rogaine. I have taken both 100% as directed. I have watched so many YouTube videos and read so many things on different forums about shedding and have some concerns. I’m seeing these horror stories about people losing 100+ hairs a day during the shed phase and I don’t know if that is extreme or normal, because that is not happening to me. Maybe 5 weeks on isn’t long enough for the affects to take place, but when combing my hair I am getting maybe 5-10, when I wake up I see nothing on my pillow. In the shower I see the most, but really only maybe 15-20 hairs after running my hands through my hair for 3 minutes. Is it too early still? Am I normal and I just happened to read the worst stories out there? I know the earliest you’re supposed to see any growth is around 3 months, if not 6 months, but from what I understand is the hairs need to come out for better hairs to grow in. I’m really not ready to go bald and am concerned the products aren’t working. I know I am losing hairs and probably not noticing, but wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or any insight. Thanks ahead of time for any information I can get.

BruceWayne0414

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what you want
I’m not experiencing any shedding outside of a few hairs, which I’m not even sure is actually from shedding. Does everyone experience a shed? Are some just worse than others? I’m coming up on 6 weeks on min 5% and finasteride 1mg. I know I won’t see any growth yet, but waiting on seeing some hair falling out. Is it too early? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks.

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I've had extreme sheds.Sometimes I would lose 400+ hairs a day but I still bounced back.These were always 3+ months long.Its just too early to say,stop counting hairs because it will drive you crazy.

BruceWayne0414

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I've had extreme sheds.Sometimes I would lose 400+ hairs a day but I still bounced back.These were always 3+ months long.Its just too early to say,stop counting hairs because it will drive you crazy.
That sounds scary. I hope I don’t lose it all before I see some positives. Thanks for the advice though, you’re right, no reason to worry about something I can’t control.

BruceWayne0414

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible that after 8 weeks I could see development? Looking at my hairline, I am seeing small white hairs, probably 1/4 inch long, so not exactly baby hairs, but something?